Sr. Quality Engineer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications network infrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China
EMCORE is looking for a QualityEngineer to assist on a full time basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Facilitate improvement to business processes cycle time, product quality and customer satisfaction.
* Drive and implement COPQ (Cost Of Poor Quality) metrics throughout the company
* Working with IT group to establish automated quality reporting system
* Responsible for developing and reporting the quality KPI for key customers. Monitoring the customer return rate for the products. Driving engineering design, process, or material changes as necessary.
* As a strong ally to the internal and external customers, driving customer quality issue resolution and internal corrective action implementation. Lead regular customer quality reviews.
* Responsible for customer contract reviews, order reviews to meet customer quality requirement
* Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Provides input to implementing contractual quality requirements and developing product quality plans.
* Ensures the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
* Facilitating customer visits, audits, and inquires on product quality issues. Lead product quality issue 8D analysis and drive long term quality improvements into product designs.
* Manage company-wide Six Sigma program. Identify training program and facilitate project reviews to ensure financial impact is delivered
* Identifies business and quality system issues and opportunities and make recommendations.
* Facilitates employee understanding and use of statistical and problem solving skills (for example: SPC techniques, concepts of variation, DOE, brainstorming, etc.).
* Develops and maintains skills in applying statistical techniques and problem solving.
* Lead and drive internal process improvement projects
* Drive the implementation of systems to institutionalize changes made through the Six Sigma improvement projects.
* Work with other management functions to identify and solve problems.
* MS degree in engineering or equivalent
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND CREDENTIAL:
* Trained in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
* Certified Black Belt
* 5+ years in RF electronics and networking devices
* Must be US citizen