Sr. Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Job Title: Sr. Quality Engineer
Job Location: Elgin, OK
* With minimal supervision, performs routine to moderate engineering tasks to assist in testing of vehicles.
* The basic purpose and objective of this position is to provide quality engineering expertise to meet the testing requirements and documentation requirements for Military vehicles.
* Included but not limited to this expertise is the ability to analyze, test, and report findings of Root Cause/Corrective Action and suggest improvements to the configuration of the product or design of the process.
* In order to perform in this environment the incumbent must possess the necessary education and technical abilities to review, understand, and interpret documentation, drawings and specifications, in accordance with military, commercial, and federal standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* With minimal supervision, performs routine to moderate engineering tasks to assist in testing of vehicles
* Coordinate rejected material control within defined procedures.
* Coordinate with responsible departments to establish corrective actions to prevent recurrence of the nonconformance. Coordinate efforts required to properly address and accomplish an approved MRB action. This involves notification of MRB action to all appropriate departments, and assigning specific tasks required to complete the MRB action. When necessary, coordinate actions associated with line stopping nonconformances, to ensure that appropriate personnel, including management, are notified; to expedite approval of an appropriate disposition; and to initiate actions to handle the immediate nonconformance and to mitigate probability of recurrence.
* Participate in team meetings to provide Product Assurance perspective of vehicle configuration issues.
* Provide assistance to Quality Technicians and Technical Specialists to ensure proper completion of Root Cause/Corrective Action. Provide assistance to testing personnel to ensure that documentation and data associated with Nonconformance Reports is accurate and adequate.
* Review; accept/reject Root Cause/Corrective Action responses from internal and external sources.
* Facilitate team review of Technical Data Package (TDP) changes to determine test/certification requirements Achieve financial objectives established in annual business plan
Minimum Education / Experience:
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with 2+ years of experience working in the manufacturing industry.
* Other requirements include: Proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet and analysis software (SPC, statistical analysis, or similar software); Knowledge of MIL-Q-9858A and MIL-STD-1520C; Knowledge of ISO/QS-9000 Systems; Statistical Process Control (SPC); and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) experience.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.