Sr. Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 6/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Internet of Things will change the way people work, collaborate and innovate. Steelcase, with $3B in annual sales and the global leader in workplace environments, is uniquely positioned to lead the IoT transformation in our market. We're creating connected systems for the workplace - intelligent spaces that are defined, designed and developed on a foundation of deep research and insight into people, space and technology.
We're growing our technology development team in Portland, OR and are looking for smart, passionate and collaborative hardware, software and systems engineers to join us. We provide a flexible work environment, the latest tools, competitive compensation and a fantastic new space at the edge of the Pearl downtown. Even better, we're offering the opportunity to help influence, innovate and design the way people will work in the future.
Supports Steelcase Quality objectives and serves as the customer advocate in the total Supply Chain from our supply base through product development and manufacturing, to our customers. Designs, installs and evaluates quality assurance systems, procedures and statistical techniques; designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyzes production and service processes and standards; recommends revision of specifications when indicated; formulates or helps formulate quality assurance policies and procedures. May conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools. Interfaces with all other engineering components within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues. Directs tactical Quality Assurance projects.
* Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g. ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge)
* Able to develop technical solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Organized and able to manage numerous tasks and projects simultaneously to meet target dates
* Able to effectively make decisions in matters of significance to the customer experience.
* Able to proactively apply originality and ingenuity to improvement of practices and procedures.
* Must be able to effectively interface with multiple functions within the company and with people of all levels of management/technical ability.
* Broad knowledge of the entire scope of the Business Management System and understanding of its application inside and outside of the organization.
* Able to use project management skills to initiate and lead improvements of a tactical nature.
* Working knowledge of product testing requirements, product development cycle, and specials processes.
* Understands and able to interface with other segments of the order fulfill process.
* Experience testing and troubleshooting hardware and/or software
* Experience with system level testing and troubleshooting
* Understanding of networking devices and networking applications
* Excellent troubleshooting and root causing skills
* Perform analysis on customer returns for root cause
* Ability to apply logic to limited data sets to identify defect patterns, failure modes, and root cause
* Experience with qualifying and troubleshooting supplier/vendor processes.
* Minimum 2-4 years in Quality or Technical Field with Bachelor's Degree or equivalent defined as a minimum of 4-6 years in Quality or Technical field (or 2-4 yrs. with Associates Degree)
* ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Reliability Engineer or Black Belt and demonstrated ability to apply the specific Body of Knowledge.
Steelcase strongly supports a diverse workplace and welcomes all applicants. Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing. To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.steelcase.com.