Sr. Regional Public Relations Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 6/20/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.T-Mobile is the nation's fastest growing wireless company. As the Un-carrier, we've led a massive, positive change in wireless to benefit all Americans in just a few years. We also have a long standing reputation as a company people love to work for. For example:
- T-Mobile won the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Best Place to Work award in 2016 for the third year in a row and has won more than 100 regional and national awards as a best place to work.
- T-Mobile's CEO John Legere recently climbed to #12 in Glassdoor's Most Admired CEOs list for 2016.
- And as an employee, you can also become a shareholder.It's simple. We offer a challenging, inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be bold, fearless and funny while realizing that what you do really does matter. Join the Movement!We're looking for the best and brightest public relations professionals to be regional leaders on our team. If you are an experienced public relations pro who loves a fast-paced, creative environment, is willing to go after big ideas, and can't wait to pitch the next amazing story you may have found your new home.
- 8+ years developing and executing external communication plans in a fast-paced, high volume corporate or agency environment in areas such as media, community, or government relations
- Proven ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with media outlets
- Ability to sell in and execute strategic creative ideas that align to business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience anticipating issues, taking proactive action to develop and implement an appropriate response plan
- Comfortable multi-tasking and managing multiple issues
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlinesDesired Qualifications
- Telecommunications, wireless, mobile and/or tech industry experience
- Experience with large, well-known consumer brands with multi-cultural customer base.
- Experience working with and counseling senior-level leadership teams in a publicly traded company.EducationBA/BS Communications, Journalism, English, Public Relations or related field preferred.
- Build strong relationships with key regional media in print, TV and Digital
- Create and pitch region specific campaigns to gain positive impact across media platforms
- Join the social conversation with influentials in the markets you own
- Amplify national announcements in the markets you own
- Build the Un-carrier brand and reputation
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior executives
- Develop strong working partnership with all members of the corporate communications team including crisis communications, executive communications and employee communications. Location:
We have opportunities in NY/NJ area and also in the Chicago/Dallas areas. Your Mission:
Increase T-Mobile's positive share of voice in the Key Markets you own by creating a steady drumbeat of news with a focus on the customer benefits and experience through the Un-carrier wireless revolution, rapid network innovation, and positioning T-Mobile as the best company to work for in your region. We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .