Sr. Research Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Company
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in an unrivaled experience in behavior change campaigns for those audiences.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Senior Research Associate to manage both internal and client-driven research projects. This person will be detail-oriented, organized, highly efficient, flexible, able to take on multiple tasks at once, and work within tight timelines. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change and significant experience managing quantitative and qualitative research projects through all stages of the research process.
* Plan and lead research projects, both for clients and for internal purposes;
* Apply best practices of experimental design in planning research studies;
* Lead onsite data collection when applicable;
* Work with non-traditional research partners such as bars and nightclubs for data collection;
* Work with traditional partners such as universities and schools for data collection;
* Develop online studies including participant recruitment strategies;
* Analyze data and write reports for clients;
* Manage client relationships for research projects to ensure overall client satisfaction;
* Manage project contractors, such as data collectors, statisticians, and/or technology partners;
* Further Rescue's various theories of behavior change by identifying patterns across research projects;
* Prepare and submit abstracts for conferences;
* Prepare and develop manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals;
* Stay up-to-date on research trends and be active in the research community at large to ensure that Rescue's research practices remain innovative, unique, and of top quality;
* Supervise junior research associates, as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in public health, psychology, sociology, marketing, communications, or related field + 5 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree + 3 years relevant experience OR PhD + 1 year relevant experience;
* Well-versed and experienced in designing and conducting a broad array of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research approaches such as positioning/messaging studies, segmentation studies, behavioral studies and creative testing;
* Strong background managing research projects throughout all stages of the research process (designing questionnaires, developing data analysis plans, managing data collection, running analyses, developing final report, presenting to client);
* Experience working in in public health, market research, and/or youth research;
* Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements;
* Strong experience with SPSS or a similar software package;
* Proven ability to express research findings in a graphical format;
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in teams;
* Experience directly supervising staff;