Sr. Research Billing Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Senior Research Billing Analyst will perform a wide range of detailed and complex accounting and advisory functions pertaining to research grants billing and accounts receivable. This position will ensure day-to-day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles and policies. Interact professionally with all internal and external customers utilizing strong customer service skills.
The primary duties and responsibilities for this position are:
* Manage workflows, processes and ongoing oversight functions related to research billing and accounts receivable
* Maintain the PeopleSoft (PS) billing and accounts receivable system for sponsored research grants.
* Perform certain automated monthly processes and reconciliations related to grant activity prior to preparing invoices to grant sponsors.
* Prepare monthly invoices for submission to grant sponsors.
* Record manual invoices into the PS accounts receivable system as required.
* Perform collection efforts for all categories of research grants, (billing accounts, foundations, commercial sponsored, and others as identified by management).
* Collaborate with the Research Accounting department and Information Systems department on issues related to research grant billing or collections.
* Prepare routine and analytical reports for use by senior management.
* Participate in the Institute s year-end and A-133 audits for purposes of sponsored research accounts receivable.
Please include a cover letter with your application which explains your interest in this position.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field preferred with 5 plus years of professional research accounting experience, including billing-related activities, required. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Experience with grant billing for multiple federal and non-federal agencies. Comprehensive knowledge of 2 CFR 200 (OMB Uniform Guidance). Proficient in the use of accounting software, Microsoft Office, and PeopleSoft. Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently. Deadline oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.