Sr. Research Engineer - Ink/Printing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosted Date
Director of R&D
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company creates exceptional packaging for food, consumer product, healthcare, and industrial applications. We work collaboratively with forward-thinking companies to find better ways to succeed. Our strategic objectives are to accelerate growth, focus innovation, and continuously improve, all aimed at improving financial performance toward our long-term targets. Our Vision is: passionate commitment to the growth and success of our customers will make Bemis the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions.
Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2015 net sales of $4.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide
More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Sr. Material Transformation Research Engineer Ink (Printing)
* Implement and lead programs associated with inks and coatings used in the printing process (may include research on ink chemistries, applications development, materials, and/or cost-out initiatives). Create Value by providing critical support on ink related interactions between packaging films and customer s application requirements. Serve as a technical contributor to growth programs. : Applies acquired expertise to drive the below activities. Requires occasional support. Is sought after for technical ink support by others stakeholders in R&D and Manufacturing. Has a broader span of influence across Market and Technology(ies). If required, able to function as a main point of contact for customer response.
* Global Subject Matter Expert (SME) on ink chemistries, formulations and applications in flexible packaging
* Understands the interaction between printing equipment and ink formulations.
* Has the ability to manipulate materials or formulations to meet Customer CTQ s
* Proactively develop relationships with key ink suppliers.
* Investigate, evaluate, and recommend new ink formulations and technologies associated with the printing process
* Keep on the leading edge of ink formulations and products and technologies and pursue proactive development with Markets Segments and Business Units
* Generate tools/systems that will advance the printing platform
* Be both the material and process expert that the organization goes to for print technology information
* Communicating the status of projects and recommend advancements in materials and processes.
* Collaborate with Global Manufacturing and Marketing groups to accelerate profitable growth
* Design and perform experiments
* Observe and evaluate technology trends and build up an advanced network within and outside of Bemis.
* Challenging, highly technical projects that require broad conceptual judgment for which there is little or no precedent.
* Designing, analyzing and testing products for development across platforms
* Leadership/mentoring to associate Scientists / Engineers
* Assists in the preparation and/or prepares procedures for departments
* Safety Culture
* Change Leadership
* Strategic Orientation
* Developing Organizational Capability
* Team Leadership
* Collaboration and Influencing
* Market Knowledge
* Results Orientation
* Business Acumen
* Customer Impact
* Technical Expertise
* Value Creation
* Risk Management
* Innovation / Ideation
* Vision for market opportunity
* IP Generation
* Generate and implement new ideas that will grow the business platforms (aesthetic and functional)
* Individual / Team Publications
* Speed to market through stage gate progression.
* Delivery to content commitment and cost estimate
* Utilize the technical community to accomplish key research projects to drive business results
* Provide regular analysis and support of global R&D research initiatives
* Demonstrate base knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
* Beginning mentoring
* 5 7+ years of experience. Bachelor s degree required. Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science or other related area preferred
* Project Management experience required with understanding of experimental and analytical research processes and interpretations.
* Proven ability to achieve outstanding results in manufacturing/research & development via individually and within a team setting
* Readily identified as a key contact in assigned area
* Broad thinker that can effectively collaborate across regions and cultures
* Demonstrated autonomous, cross-functional engagement of DoE, DFLSS, Stage gate. Green Belt certification preferred.
* Travel percentage: up to 25%
Additional Desired Qualifications:
* 3+ years experience in Ink/Printing
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer