Sr Research Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
EMD Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMD Performance Materials: EMD Performance Materials has combined the following topics in the new Performance Materials range: Display Materials, Lighting Materials, Solar & Energy, Cosmetics, Food & Pharmaceuticals, Coatings, and Printing & Plastics. Liquid crystals are among the leading products on the market for LCD televisions and other displays, as well as fillers and effect pigments. The entire Performance Materials product portfolio offers highly innovative materials for advanced technologies and high-tech chemicals for advanced applications to a wide range of customers. EMD Performance Materials is extending its leading position in innovation. Customers from the sectors consumer electronics, lighting, printing technology, plastics applications and cosmetics make use of materials and solutions from EMD Performance Materials. Thanks to comprehensive investments in research & development, EMD Performance Materials is constantly extending its leading position as an innovator and reliable partner. A focus on renewable energies particularly in light of climate change, high energy prices and current events related to nuclear energy, EMD Performance Materials is focusing on renewable energies. EMD Performance Materials is active in the growing markets for clean energies
Creative scientist with expertise in IC process chemicals such as photoresist removers, developers and solvents
Focus on new resist strippers & developers products development, and scale up, lithographic and analytical characterization, customer sampling & support. Good knowledge of chemistry and extensive industrial experience in resist remover, developers and solvents is preferred. The candidate will work closely with other formulators, application engineers, marketing product managers and team manager to ensure project goals are met. Coordinate collaboration with external tool vendors and partner to generate critical data for better product promotion. Prepare/arrange sample shipment to customers based on the lab orders. Troubleshoot customer issues and work with product engineering group for product scale up. Comply with safety regulation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and assess new IC process chemicals such as photoresist removers, developers and solvents
* Conduct test and product evaluation using FAB tools to generate relevant data for product promotion
* Prepares/arranges sample shipment to customers based on the lab orders
* Provide timely remote or on-site technical supports on products to meet business needs
* Coordinates collaboration with tool and external partners to provide attractive total solutions for our products
* Keep abreast on the advance of stripper/developer/processing solutions technology, new processing tools and resist processing/removal needs
* Provide leadership to other junior team members
* Communicates the test results with the team and department manager through e-mails, biweekly meeting and monthly reports.
* Participates in group meetings, seminars & external technical conference
* Facilitates scale-up activities with product engineering, manufacturing and QC departments.
* Supports other department members tasks as needed.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Follows safety regulations with chemical labs, clean rooms, office and other areas of work.
NOTE: The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as business needs dictate.
At times supervises technicians including providing training to freshmen as and if assigned by department manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* M.S. or Ph.D. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields, 5+ years experience working in a semiconductor manufacturing or IC chemicals related environment
* Candidates have good understanding of photolithographic technology, photoresist materials application in IC-fabrication and packaging technology with in-depth knowledge in resist stripper, developers and solvent products is preferred
* Candidates who are skillful in stripper/developer formulations development, resist processing and testing
* Experience in dealing with IC customers, processing tool vendors especially in stripper/developer/solvent related products is a plus.
* Efficient in MS office software
* Candidates should demonstrate high level of self-directing capability, be able to handle multi-tasks simultaneously, have excellent communication especially fluent in English and problem solving skills.
* Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
* This position is located in Central New Jersey
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.