Sr. SDLC Project Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (WORKDAY IMPLEMENTATIONS)
Are you ready to get passionate about your work again We are looking for fun and high-energy project managers who either know Workday or want to learn it. We are driven by our passion for our customers, for Workday and for our people. If that passion is missing in your job, we will help you get it back.
As a Senior Workday Implementation Project Manager you will be the person who creates, maintains and directs the tasks on the project plan for the implementation of Workday Human Capital and/or Financial Management software. You will have more than one project to manage at a time. This is not a "sit in the seat and manage tasks on the plan" kind of role. You report to project executive leadership and take an active role in issue resolution, planning and guiding the project. The project manager also assists as needed in the sales process including scoping projects and estimating efforts required to complete the implementation.
All DayNiners help with company building activities.
* Faster-than-average pace; ability to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail
* Creates a disciplined process, but must also recognize and adjust to change
* Strategic, big-picture thinking backed by a deep focus on the detail-oriented requirements of the work
* Setting and achieving specific standards for self and for others; an emphasis on schedule
* Primarily task-focused, with action-oriented collaboration required
* Seeks and accepts decision authority while not cautious, a calculated decision maker
* A lively and incisive communicator, more authoritative than persuasive in style
* A stimulating influence on others, while being firm and direct
* Some collaboration within team but a more independent style in general
* Control of overall agenda, includes others in a task-focused manner
* Ability to create and execute project work plans to meet changing needs and requirements
* Ability to identify project resource requirements and define appropriate staffing models
* Manage day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope
* Effectively apply methodology and enforce consistent project standards
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
* Performs risk management
* Strong organization; ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
* Tracks and reports team labor hours and travel expenses on a weekly basis
* Manages project budget
* Shows effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external resources
* Comfortable with public speaking
* Comfortable with a dynamic and ambiguous environment
* WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL UP TO 80%
* Bachelor's Degree (computer related field preferred)
* PMP Certification required
* 4-7+ years of project management and consulting experience required
* 4-7+ years of applicable systems experience
* Keen understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Track record of success completing projects on time and within budget
* Working knowledge of at least one of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Financials, Integrations, Talent Management
DayNine - Translation of Latin word, nundinae. Every ninth day, people from the furthest reaches of the Ancient Roman Empire convened at the legendary Forum, exchanging their goods, services and ideas.
DayNine Consulting is a leading Workday enterprise services firm passionate about helping customers transform their organizations to get the most value from their greatest assets - their people - by deploying and optimizing Workday Human Capital Management, Workday Payroll and Workday Financial Management solutions within their organizations.
DayNine's recognized ability to deliver this outstanding value is directly correlated to effectively partnering with customers to understand their business and to assess, advise, and seamlessly deploy Workday Change Management and Workday Integration Cloud solutions across people, process, and technology.
Our company verbs - imagine, collaborate, think, innovate, execute, and laugh.
_DAYNINE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE WORKFORCE._