Senior Sales Representative
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, aggregate-based construction building materials in the United States, and a member of LafargeHolcim, has an immediate opening for a Sr. Sales Representative (SSR) to support Asphalt sales in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The position, which will be based in Greenbelt, Maryland is responsible for Customer Targeting, Territory Planning, and executing Proactive Customer and Site Visits for the purpose of asphalt sales & marketing in a defined geographic area of a market. This individual has clearly defined sales and marketing objectives and accountabilities. These include a detailed budget for his/her territory outlining monthly sales expectations by plant, product, and customer/customer segment. The SSR is responsible for all asphalt sales & marketing activities in his/her territory or customer segment. This includes customer relations, project management, specifier management, and systematic collection of market intelligence (i.e. competitor activity, fixed and portable plant supply, bid tracking).
The SSR works closely with his/her fellow sales people, SAP Gatekeeper, Plant Managers, Materials Performance (Quality), Customer Service Team (i.e. Inside Sales & Dispatch) and Credit & Collections personnel. The SSR coordinates closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and market coordination.
* Develops new business within assigned geographic region.
* Maintains memberships in organizations/associations that provide networking opportunities. Identifies innovative marketing strategies.
* Maintains regular contact with new and existing customers. Develops knowledge and understanding of their changing business needs, and addresses them through recommendations of appropriate product and service offerings.
* Attends trade shows to keep abreast of new product offerings, and maintains database of customer profiles in order to better address customer needs.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures, business ethic codes and legal regulations, and ensures that they are well communicated and implemented within the sales team. Maintains official records as required by company policy and the law.
* Provides timely feedback to Sales Manager regarding sales performance. Maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports. Assists in preparation of proposals, bids and presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or a minimum of five to eight years of coursework in these areas.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in the areas referenced above
* Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
* Experience in supplier relationship management
* Ability to establish a rapport with individuals at all levels of an organization
* Strong follow-through and customer service-orientation with both external and internal customers
* Experience with enterprise software solutions, customer relationship management systems and Microsoft office applications.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: