Sr. Sales Territory Manager - Southeast Region
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION(South East United States Home based within Territory)
Job Summary :
The Senior Sales Territory Manager will have sales and account management responsibility for MKS customers in VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, AL, KY region. Responsibilities will include growing existing accounts, developing new accounts, and driving new products into new markets. The key focus will be on design wins, sales revenue growth, and profitability in vacuum instrumentation and complementary MKS products.
* Meets or exceeds the sales plan for all product groups in the defined territory
* Provides timely and accurate quarterly forecasts
* Completes sales presentations, quotations, and opportunity tracking within the sales cycle
* Completes daily Multi Level sales calls for the defined customer base
* Develops 5 new accounts for each product group. 30% of face time to be with new prospects
Sales Metrics & Reporting:
* Provides sales call reports in contact manager
* Sets objectives (long and short term); maintains good records
* Provides pre-call plans and drives reviews as necessary for complex sales
* Acquires product and application knowledge and participates in new product launch webcasts
* Promotes maximum effectiveness and opportunity capture by;
* Reporting customer and general market information
* Gaining and reporting competitive intelligence
* Providing ideas for alternate ways to serve customers
* Reports on new product needs to the appropriate product group
* Utilizes all sales efficiency tools
* BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent, MBA or MS degree strongly preferred or 5+ years of successful technical sales/account management with precision electronic instrumentation, capital equipment, or related products involving a lengthy design in sales cycle
* Requires a high degree of independent, logical, and creative thinking toward successful new bundled sales
* Excellent people skills, strong drive to succeed, and a team player
* Requires well-developed personal computer skills, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint
* Excellent organizational skills and follow-through
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proven new business development track record.
* Proven track record of continuous quota attainment
* Displays self-discipline
* Very focused on goal attainment
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.