Sr. Scala Developer 9/1/2016
West Chester, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hi ,
Hope you are doing great today !
ROLE : SR. SCALA DEVELOPER
LOCATION: WESTCHESTER, PA
A highly experienced analytics engineer with experience of working with large-scale, distributed systems, you will be responsible for helping to create our next-generation Scala based applications for the Comcast products. Responsibilities span the full engineering lifecycle from architecture and design, data analysis, software development, QA, release and operations support. You will be working as a member of a dedicated DevOps team tasked with building and operating the analytics platform.
* Design and Development of Scala based applications/systems.
* System integrations with downstream systems
* Working and coordinate with remote teams
* Working closely with product team
* Code review and lead junior developers
* Lead code reviews and act as mentor to less experienced members of the team.
* Assist with planning and executing releases of software components into production.
* Research, identify and recommend technical and operational improvements that may result in improved reliability, efficiency and maintenance of the software components.
* Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead.
* Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science or related field.
* 5 to 7years' solid development experience working in Scala is a must.
* Strong Knowledge of SCALA and functional programming concepts
* Strong Knowledge of AKKA framework and Typesafe technologies
* Experience on Github, Jenkins, GoCD
* Knowledge of below will be plus
* Experience in cloud-based computing
* Good knowledge in Mongo DB or any NoSQL DB
* knowledge in Kafka, Spark
* Experience in Akka, Spay