Sr. Scala Spark Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHope you are doing great today !
ROLE : SR. SCALA SPARK DEVELOPER
LOCATION: PHILADELPHIA, PA
A highly experienced analytics engineer with experience of working with large-scale, distributed data pipelines, you will be responsible for helping to create our next-generation analytics platform for the Comcast X1 product. Responsibilities span the full engineering lifecycle from architecture and design, data analysis, software development, QA, release and operations support. You will be working as a member of a dedicated DevOps team tasked with building and operating the analytics platform.
- Create and support analytics infrastructure to support high-volume and high-velocity data pipelines.
- Develop and test data integration components to high standards of quality and performance.
- Lead code reviews and act as mentor to less experienced members of the team.
- Assist with planning and executing releases of data pipeline components into production.
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical production failures in the data pipeline.
- Research, identify and recommend technical and operational improvements that may result in improved reliability, efficiency and maintenance of the analytics pipeline.
- Evaluate and advise on technical aspects of open work requests in the product backlog with the project lead.
- Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science or related field.
- At least 5 years' solid development experience working on the Linux/Unix platform.
- 5 to 7 years' solid development experience working in Java & Scala.
- At least 3 years of experience on SPARK.
- At least 2 years of that experience should be in the analytics sphere and working with distributed compute frameworks.
- Experience of working in AWS a strong plus.
- Knowledge on below is must:
* Java & Scala
* Kafka or similar tech
- Knowledge of these technologies a plus: Storm, Kinesis, Avro.