Sr Scientist-Color Science
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Scientist-Color Science, Clark, NJ
L Or al is the world s largest cosmetic company with the highest investment in R&I in the industry. Founded in 1909 by a young chemist, Eugene Schueller, L Or al continues to excel in science and innovation. L Or al s Research and Innovation employs over 4,000 people of approximately 60 nationalities. Working in some thirty disciplines, more than half of these employees have doctorates or engineering degrees, and they are responsible for about 600 patents filed per year.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our expanding Color Science Team within our vibrant world of Cosmetics. You will work cross functionally with the Makeup Labs, Hair Color Labs, Product Evaluation Team, Digital Incubator and Marketing. As a Senior Scientist you will lead exciting color projects from cosmetic pigment/raw materials color analysis and color measurement techniques to correlation between measurement data and perceptions. Uncover consumer color preferences with consideration of color appearance effects, color management and more! If you have a love for Beauty and the scientific expertise in Color we d love to hear from you!
Here s what you ll need:
* PhD or Master s Degree with 2-3 years of experience in physics/optics, electronic engineering, computer engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, color science, etc.
* Solid understanding of colorimetry, color appearance, psychophysics and color management systems.
* Thorough understanding of color measurement and various color measurement instruments
* Proficient in data analysis.
* Understanding of linear algebra and optimization.
* Proven computer programming skills and efficient with software packages (C/C++, matlab, R, SAS, Excel, etc)
* Good understanding of color pigments and raw materials technologies.
* Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills
* Strong technical skills and attention to detail
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced setting while maintaining attention to detail and precision in techniques
* Good communication and presentation skills
* Must be self-driven and passionate for the beauty industry
* Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing basis.
* Good knowledge of makeup trends and competitor insight as it relates to color in order to understand how and where to drive the brand.
* Understand color in a technical way while still being able to relate to marketing and understand marketing trends of color.
* Proficient with various forms of artificial intelligence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.