Sr Project Manager/Scrum Master
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Outstanding opportunity for a growing global company and innovation leader with 2015 annual revenues of $1.6B and a market cap of $10B.
IDEXX Laboratories has an opening for a SCRUM MASTER within our R&D division. This role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work on one or more of our customer facing software products. The ideal candidate will have a natural inclination for Servant Leadership and will embrace, foster, and facilitate the Scrum framework across multiple teams and deliverables in an Agile development environment. This individual will be part of an empowered, self-organizing, and self-accountable team that is responsible for delivery of committed scope, quality, and predictability outcomes with each sprint.
The Scrum Framework, in conjunction with Agile development methodologies establishes a highly productive, dynamic, and collaborative environment where business value is developed quickly and delivered frequently. The Scrum Master has the unique opportunity to foster team success and continuous improvement through a Servant Leader approach, from within the team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Champion three critical pillars of process control: TRANSPARENCY, INSPECTION, ADAPTATION
* Actively Facilitate all of the Scrum and Agile rituals, including:
* Release Planning
* User Story Grooming/Refinement
* Sprint Planning
* Daily Scrum
* Sprint Review
* Sprint Retrospective
* Establish team working agreements, help resolve impediments, facilitate productivity, and increase the probability of success in each sprint
* Establish sustainable pace plan team capacity and sprint velocity targets
* Foster a highly collaborative and communicative environment
* Provide ongoing Scrum coaching to the team and to business partners and other stakeholders as required
* Establish and maintain highly effective partnerships with Product Owners and Development Managers
* Work closely with Product Owner to support Release Planning
* Ensure follow through on Retrospective action items
* Facilitate maximum project visibility and transparency for the team and stakeholders
* Monitor Release and Sprint burn down/burn up and facilitate course correction where required
* Become an expert user of Agile lifecycle management tools (JIRA, etc.) and help others ramp their knowledge of the tools
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline with an Agile Development project focus.
* CSM Scrum Master certification preferred
* CSP Scrum Professional certification or a plan to obtain it is desirable
* Five years experience with a software development team
* Two years experience working in a Scrum team environment
* Significant facilitation experience
* Experience with Agile Lifecycle Management software a plus
* Experience working comfortably and confidently with various levels in an organization
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated expertise in the Scrum Framework and Agile Methodology, including strong working knowledge of SCRUM Values, Roles, Rituals, and Artifacts, as well as AGILE Principles and Values
* Firm understanding of the value of team commitments to delivery and related metrics
* Firm understanding of the value of incremental delivery
* Firm understanding of user story construction, user story estimation, sprint health indicators (burn-down/burn-up), velocity, continuous improvement
* Strong ability to communicate clearly and articulate project conditions (verbal & written)
* Ability to present and explain project information in a way that establishes rapport, optimizes transparency, and gains understanding
* Expertise in setting and managing stakeholder expectations
* Ability to coach and influence multi-disciplined and cross-functional teams
* Ability to maintain technical proficiency in current Agile Lifecycle Management software
* Willingness to function as a coach for other teams as a recognized leader
* Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES