Sr. Social Media Manager, Social Media Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.DescriptionThis exempt/salaried position supports T-Mobile's Social Media Services strategy by providing concise, organized, and consistent content to a team of Social Media Services Specialists and leaders. Primary responsibilities include:
developing communication plans and content strategies, conferring with business partners to determine content processes, writing content for appropriate Social channels, ensuring timely delivery of content, and serving as the lead in departmental and enterprise initiatives. This includes the execution of social and communication strategies, social processes (workflow), content/communication impacts to staffing, and enterprise-wide project assignments. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Social Media Services.QualificationsMinimum Required:
- 3-5 years of experience in communication/social media strategy and delivery
- 2+ years of wireless experience
- Experience contributing to departmental strategy including the development and implementation of underlying tactics
- Experience leading and developing partnerships that are not direct reports
- Ability to work effectively within all levels of the organization to identify and meet business goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, G+, YouTube, etc.); experience with Jive or other social business publishing software and SharePoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement multiple communication strategies and campaignsDesired:
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to deliver results
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work
- Expertise with Business Process, Methods and Procedures, content management practices, or Social Media Operations
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills with critical thinking skills
- Familiar with continuous improvement strategies, process, and procedures
- Ability to identify and propose alternative solutions regarding obstacles and resources
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships including those within leadership
- EducationBachelors DegreeEquivalent work experience Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in communication, change and innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building and influencing, customer experience, results focus and inspirational leadership.Essential Functions
- Participate in cross-functional enterprise project teams to ensure content requirements are met, identify communication impacts, ensure consistency among Social channels, and establish milestones.
- Write and publish content for consistency, conciseness, and organization. Apply formatting and style standards based on established governance.
- Confer with business partners to determine processes and needs for Social Media Services content.
- Develop plans and communicate business, content, and policy changes to the Specialists and leadership team.
- Coach and mentor Specialists on Social communication best practices.
- Apply Specialist, leadership and project team feedback when necessary.
- Drive enterprise quality standards for written communication.
- Develop and manage social support workflow and operations across multiple channels and tools.
- Partner with Sr. Manager to develop social customer support strategies with defined measures of success, and oversee execution of the tactics behind those strategies.
- Assess enterprise project/campaign requests and provide recommendations for social media related impacts, e.g., staffing needs, talking point needs, etc.
- Collaborate with peers and business partners to evaluate and implement social media support plan.
- Function as point of contact for cross-functional business partners, stakeholders, and leadership; handle escalations and expedited content requests as appropriate.
- Provide off-hours communication support for business critical and system/network issues.
- Ensure completion of team deliverables generated by daily work, projects, and annual goals.
- Back up Sr. Manager as needed.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .