Sr. Software Automation Engineer 8/11/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HELLO PROFESSIONAL,
JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE AUTOMATION ENGINEER
LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CA
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 3 years of software automated test development experience.
* Good knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies in software development.
* Good knowledge of Action Driven, Keyword Driven, Data Driven testing approaches.
* Good knowledge of automated testing processes, methodologies and software development lifecycles.
* Good knowledge of Web front and back-end automated testing, cross-browser automated testing, automated testing in Cloud, Web application performance and security testing, Web services testing.
* Good knowledge in automated test development for mobile, desktop and client-server applications.
* Experience with Selenium, Codded UI, SilkTest, Test Complete and/or other automation development and testing tools.
* Experience with other industry-leading software test automation tools ability to translate to and from business language.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Expert in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in automated test development.
* Strong communication skills - written & verbal
* Design, develop, and document automated tests to ensure quality of our products.
* Work independently and as a member of test automation team developing and maintaining test automation scripts.
* Work closely with a team to ensure script implementation comply with best practices and testability requirements.
* Work closely with softwaredevelopers and test engineers to understand software workflows, use cases and specifications in creating automated tests across the application.
* Develop and verify automation test cases to build a system to support automation of unit, functional, performance, security and integration testing. Translate existing manual tests and defects into automated tests.
* Expand automation framework to provide additional test capabilities. Analyze existing systems to find areas for improvement.
* Identify, analyze and document software defects.
* Follow agile development process.