Sr Software Developer DPDK
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a seasoned developer with extensive skills in developing packet processing software in a highly scalable multi-threaded embedded software environment. You will be part of a fast-paced high performing engineering team developing networking and security software components for a leading SD-WAN solution. Your primary focus will be to develop a high performance software infrastructure using Intel's DPDK libraries to support various networking and security functions for our SD-WAN software appliance. We are looking for a self-motivated technical leader and a creative problem solver with a proven ability to deliver results in small team settings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Develop and maintain a scalable packet processing software infrastructure using Intel's DPDK libraries
* Performance tuning of multi-threaded packet processing and security engines
* Migrate existing packet processing software modules to DPDK based infrastructure
* Develop software to interface with network device drivers and third party software packages
* Work with the extended engineering and support teams to debug and tune software for bare-metal and virtualized environment
* Prototype new features for Proof-of-Concept demonstrations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
* 7+ years of embedded software development experience using C in a multi-threaded environment
* Hands-on experience in developing networking applications using Intel's DPDK software package
* Hands-on experience developing, tuning and debugging TCP/IP stacks
* In-depth knowledge of packet switching and networking concepts
* Proven ability to multi-task and be productive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
* Rapid prototyping skills for Proof-of-Concept demonstrations
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies is desirable
* Familiarity with Software Defined Networking concepts is desirable
* Familiarity with security technologies like IPSEC and SSL
* BS/MS in CS, EE, or related area.