Sr. Software Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Sr. Software Developer
LOCATION: Hyattsville, MD
JOB ID: 1765
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on project excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & non-profit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
The Senior System Software Developer is responsible for troubleshooting, updating and maintaining system logic for the National Flood Insurance Program Transaction Record Reporting and Processing Plan and Edit Specifications, System of Record (SOR) and other component systems. The Senior System Software Engineer will assist other programming staff in the analysis of specifications and requirements as they relate to maintaining, supporting and developing applications for the NFIP.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Troubleshoot, update and maintain system logic for System of Record (SOR), Transaction Record Reporting and Processing (TRRP) Plan and Edit Specifications and other component system within the National Flood Insurance Program architecture.
* Monitor system consoles for unusual conditions, analyze failures, determine root causes, develop and implement actions to fix issues and improve system availability.
* Document, Perform, and Maintain Disaster Recovery process/procedures.
* Monitor and Execute TRRP cycle and research TRRP related issues
* Provide weekly status reports to the Project Manager or Mainframe lead.
* Participate and assist Mainframe Lead on gathering metrics and status of application changes.
* Evaluate, design, code and test Mainframe/DB2/CICS/Microfocus (etc.) TRRP improvement as required to complex modules
* Collect information from current NFIP Bureau Statistical applications; evaluate program requirement and level of effort estimates for development needs.
* Perform/participate in quality assurance activities like peer reviews.
* Develop documents (for example NFIP TRRP and Edit specifications) and complete work assignments.
* Design, code, test, debug, implement and document FEMA Flood Insurance Program changes.
* Ensure developed changes adherence to quality / security standards
* Responsible for the day to day operations of the TSO mainframe computing environment
* Monitor CA-7 & Control-M processing
* Ensuring configuration management of mainframe items occur through the Endeavor process
* Analyze designs, develop and execute custom application features and functions.
* Support project manager/ project control analysts to prepare time estimates along with assigned tasks justification
* Provide technical suggestions on complex mainframe programming.
* Conduct periodic reviews with teams
* Eight (8) + years software development experience with the installation, configuration and maintenance mandatory experience with the following: COBOL, DB2, CICS.
* Experience with MVS, ACF2, RACF, Windows Server, SharePoint, SQL Server, SAS, Traverse Accounting Software, JCL, CA-7/CRTL M
* Experience with CODE1 address software, GIS Software, DynaMap US Census Boundary Bundle, GEOSTAN
* Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and CMMI experience
* Self-starter, Ability to multi-task
* Detail oriented, Highly organized
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor degree in a technical or related discipline, or direct experience with NFIP
* Highly collaborative with ability to work with extended teams
* US Citizenship required
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Development skills with IBI Focus Mainframe, IBI Webfocus, WAAPDSUT, WAAPSPLT
* Skills executing Disaster Recovery process
* Experience with Subversion
* Experience participating in security audits and implementing corrective actions
* 5+ years National Flood Insurance Knowledge
* Experience using SFTP, FOXPRO, VISUAL J++, VISUAL STUDIO.net
* Demonstrate proficiency in CA-7, CTRL-M Scheduling, JES2 and JES3, IRM, VTAM, ACF2 and RACF and system software commands for ongoing monitoring and detailed problem diagnosis.
* Develop test plans to validate logic of new and modified programs.
* Advanced level Outlook, Word and Excel proficiency
* Assist and train team members on toolset
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.