Sr. Software Developer - Java
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Jersey City, NJ
* Performs product design tasks of a moderate to high complexity which may require research and analysis.
* Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation, although specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed.
* Works independently and with supervisory review on moderate to highly complex programming tasks. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions. Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts.
* Participates in client interactions, possibly with more senior team members, to develop system solutions to business problems.
* Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software.
* Able to along with and work well with others.
* Regular attendance and timeliness are required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 4yeardegree in Computer Science or related experience
* Able to interpret business requirements and programming specifications to write Java programs that solve business needs.
* Some exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including design factors, software requirements, systems facilities, and execution protocols.
* Experience with Architecture design of multi-tiered client/server applications. Must be well organized and self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Ability to work on aggressive schedules. May require work beyond normal hours (weekends or evenings).
* 6+ years Java programming experience developing J2EE based systems.
* 6+ years' experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
* Experience with Web 2.0 and Single Page Architecture applications
* Comprehensive working knowledge of Java 7 or higher.
* Must be well acquainted in development of RESTful webservices.
* Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, , Eclipse IDE, Spring Source Tool suite is a plus
* Demonstrated use and knowledge of unit testing with JUnit and mock testing frameworks
* Must be comfortable with Spring technologies, Spring MVC
* Working knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures (preferably SQL Server)
* Experience with virtual environments, Linux based systems and Networking concepts Demonstrated use and knowledge of various configuration management tools (Preferably GIT)
* Demonstrated use and knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and design
Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background experience is a plus