Sr. Software Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Sr. Software Developer
LOCATION: McLean, VA
JOB ID: 1777
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Develop and maintain .Net based web application software with a Microsoft SQL Server Database.
* Provide customer support to resolve trouble tickets and respond to inquiries forwarded by the Help Desk.
* Develop test plans and software documentation and user training material.
* Support development and maintenance of IT Security Certification related documentation.
* Apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices to work with the external Application Teams and software systems.
* Performs complex analysis and is able to resolve issues. Looks beyond symptoms to identify causes of problems and potential trends.
* Develops and assists in implementing initiatives on process/workflow improvements
* Bachelor s degree in math, science or engineering
* 10+ years development experience with Visual Studio 2005/2008, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Stored Functions, and Triggers.
* Any ONE of the following certification:
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Expert, Microsoft Certified Architect(MCA), Microsoft Certified Master(MCM), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD), MCSD, or Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM).
* Must possess expertise in the software application development using ASP.NET, C#, Visual Basic.NET, CSS and Java Script programming languages.
* Familiarity with configuring MS Windows Server 2003/2008 with Internet Information Services (IIS).
* Working knowledge of Windows network and PC operating systems.
* Apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices.
* Provide regular updates to the Technical Task Lead and ability to work with the Application Development Team on issues related to the design, development and deployment of client oriented, mission-critical information and software systems.
* An understanding of the implementation and configuration issues associated with developing web based applications.
* Experience with Windows 2012 Server
* Experience with TFS
* Experience with IIS 8.5
* Experience with Jira
* Experience with SQL Server 2008
* Experience with Remedy
* Experience with SharePoint
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.