Sr. Software Development Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The Software Development Engineer is responsible for developing software applications used in orthopedic surgery. This role is an integral part of the design team, participating in the definition of the specifications, the software implementation, and verification / validation activities through automated and unit testing.
This is a multi-faceted, product development-focused role as part of a small team that is responsible for commercializing intelligent solutions for clinical applications. Good communication, teamwork and organizational skills are essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead software development activities for new product development
* Develop software to respond to surgeon events to guide the surgical workflow
* Develop user interfaces that provide clear and timely feedback to the surgeon-user
* Develop clinical algorithms using data as inputs
* Coordinate product evaluation with surgeons
* Generate comprehensive protocols for testing, verification, and validation activities
* Generate software design assurance documentation (i.e. DHF) for each project
* Perform root-cause investigations, develop and implement corrective / preventive actions
* Develop procedures and instructions to support product development and ensure delivery of quality product
Expected Areas of Competence
* Ability to deliver, meet deadlines and focus on results
* Ability to work effectively with project team and external stakeholders to expedite completion of project tasks
* Excellent programming knowledge with experience in 3 dimensional dynamics of motion prefered with C#, Python, C++, Java.
* Very good understanding of object oriented development and design patterns
* Experience working in a development environment
* Ability to analyze and develop new testing methods for software verification
* Strong mathematical skills and aptitudes for algorithm development
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Knowledge of QSR / ISO regulations and risk management practices (i.e. FMEA, FTA) Prefered
* B.S. in softwareengineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline
* 5-7years of experience in software development
* Combination of education and experience may be considered in evaluating experience relative to requirements
Up to 10%