Sr. Software Engineer 8/9/2016
Carol Stream, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for Sr. Software Engineer for our client in Carol Stream, IL
JOB TITLE: SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: CAROL STREAM, IL
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* To serve as the primary on product embedded software design utilizing software graphical frameworks and software layering concepts for efficient designs.
* Create and maintain software and system requirement specifications for suppliers to coordinate the full development of the product.
* Create and maintain test specifications and traceability matrices to ensure full requirement test coverage on the product.
* Develop strategic software application algorithms and libraries for products that can be used to fulfill the customer's requirements and develop company IP.
* Ensure the software design can be fully tested on the production line to aid the quality department at the manufacturing site to produce a very robust thoroughly tested product.
* 5-10 YEARS DEVELOPING SOFTWARE APPLICATION DESIGNS UTILIZING (PID ALGORITHMS, MULTI-THREADING, ERROR HANDLING, MULTI-BOARD PROGRAMMING, BOOTLOADERS).
* 2-3 YEARS AUTHORING LOW LEVEL EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DRIVERS THAT SUPPORT MICROCONTROLLER, PERIPHERAL BUSSES (SPI, UART, CAN, ETHERNET, I2C, A2D) AND ADVANCED SAMPLING AND FILTERING TECHNIQUES.
* AT LEAST 5 YEARS OF DEVELOPING SOFTWARE LAYERED ARCHITECTURES FOR HIGHLY REUSABLE SOFTWARE DESIGNS.
* 2-4 YEARS' EXPERIENCE WITH EVENT DRIVEN STATE MACHINE FRAMEWORKS (QUANTUM LEAP QP&QM).
* 3-5 YEARS' EXPERIENCE WITH GRAPHICAL FRAMEWORKS FOR DEVELOPING ADVANCED HMI INTERFACES.
* 1-3 YEARS' EXPERIENCE USING GRAPHICAL MODEL BASED LANGUAGES (QT OR SIMILAR).
* FAMILIAR USING ON A DAILY LEVEL: AGILE OR CMMI SOFTWARE PROCESS METHODOLOGIES, PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN MEDICAL, AUTOMOTIVE OR FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRIES REQUIRED.
* 3-5 YEARS AUTHORING SOFTWARE REQUIREMENT SPECIFICATION ON SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE LEVEL.
* BS degree in Engineering (Electrical or Computer science)
* MS desirabl