Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud (Software Engineer III) Irvine, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONTyco is the world's largest community of people dedicated to creating fire protection and security solutions. Our mission is to inspire the world into inventing smarter ways to improve safety, security, business, and to protect people at both their homes and work. Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations around the world take a collaborative approach in delivering client sensitive, industry-catered solutions. Our global presence allows us to predict changes across geographies and industries, and deliver the right solutions rapidly. In the most challenging and demanding environments, we help our customers reach & protect their safety, security and business goals.
Our products and solutions help protect:
80% of the world's top 200 retailers
More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
100 major stadiums around the world
A majority of the Fortune 500
200 hospitals around the world
Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Tycos tradition of client satisfaction and our passion for technology & innovation, has inspired us into developing practical, integrated fire protection and security solutions for increasingly complex environments around the world!
We enjoy learning and sharing and frequently host Lunch-and-Learn sessions. We encourage colleagues to re-energize by savoring our healthy and free snacks and beverages. We value our talents and recognize the need to nurture them by providing an outlet to express their creativity through our innovation workshops. We are a community that cherish work/life balance by taking advantage of our flexible work arrangements.
The Senior Software Engineer on the Tyco On Internet of Things (IoT) Platform team will provide support and guidance to team members in building scalable, multi-tenant cloud-based web services. We are sensitive to customer needs and passionate about delivering delightful solutions.
* Design and implement web services
* Help research, learn and adopt new technologies with a fail-fast mindset
* Rejoice in shipping products on time to happy customers
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) from a recognized university (four years relevant work experience may be substituted for education).
* Minimum of five years of experience in server-side software development. Three years hands on experience in developing cloud-based solutions or scalable multi-tenant enterprise solutions and web applications.
Required Job Skills
* 5 years experience coding using Java, C#, Python or other object-oriented languages
* 1 year experience with distributed processing, queues and caching
* Proficient oral and written communication skills
* Intimate understanding of computer science, data structures and algorithms
* Familiar with HBase, Kafka, RabbitMQ, memcached or similar technologies
* A fun, contagious personality