Sr. Software Engineer - Commerce
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Your goal to execute our technical strategy in the Commerce, Payment and Financial Systems Domain.
Organization: Commerce, Payments, And Financial Systems Engineering
The Commerce, Payments and Financial Systems team is the backbone of Chegg supporting every business line and functional organization at the company. The team interfaces with various business units such as Marketing Services, Customer Service, Warehouse, Product, Accounting, Mobile and User Experience building technical capabilities that influence their roadmaps.
Role: Sr. Software Engineer - Commerce
Chegg seeks a passionate, results-oriented, technical and hands-on Sr. Software Engineer to be part of its Commerce, Payments and Financial Systems team. Our goal is to replace our current platform to enable business to offer new product lines and services through acquisitions, integrations and brand partnerships while maintaining accurate financial reporting and data integrity. As part of this, we envision a hybrid strategy that involves building a solution around a third-party commerce platform.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expects developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery.
* Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects
* Lead technical architecture and ensure code quality of our systems.
* Identify best practices around integrating with a third party system and help enforce it within the Commerce, Payments and Financial Systems Domain.
* Evaluate engineering needs for new digital services business opportunities including new partnerships and potential acquisitions.
* 4-7 years of Java experience
* Experience with MySQL or an equivalent database
* Experience in designing RESTful Services
* Experience with Mule Soft or related orchestration software.
* Experience in designing and scaling applications in the cloud
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1894