Sr. Software Engineer, Discovery Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Want to work on retaining, engaging and growing our user base? We have a terrific opportunity in Discovery Engineering for an innovative problem solver who is enthusiastic about developing high quality software for Pandora. You will be a key contributor to high profile areas of development including analytics, big data, web applications, data infrastructure, and more. You will get the chance to take on complex problems as part of a fast paced and highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards and take pride in our work.
We are looking for a seasoned engineer with several years of diverse experience and a passion for learning and applying technical knowledge. You should have outstanding analytical and programming skills with a deep understanding of Java application and web development. You should have a track record of building robust, scalable, multithreaded applications. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing and have experience using test frameworks such as JUnit.
* Minimum five years professional experience
* Expert level experience developing object oriented software in Java
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience with machine learning algorithms
* Significant experience developing real time web applications
* Significant experience developing software for deployment on Linux
* Significant experience working with database systems like PostgreSQL
* Significant experience unit testing with frameworks such as JUnit
* Dedication to thorough testing and creating high quality software
* Comfortable working across the full technology stack
* Experience developing high quality software in Python
* Experience with NoSQL architectures and map reduce concepts atop Hadoop, HDFS, and Hive
* Experience with Agile software development
* BA/BS or better in Computer Science or related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.