Sr Software Engineer - Enterprise Analytics 8/13/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:
* Design and implement sophisticated analytics solutions in a large-scale HDFS/Hadoop/Hive data infrastructure.
* Develop data pipelines and transforms that enable reliable measurement and forecasting of critical business metrics.
* Work directly with the information architects, business analysts, and business stakeholders to define and implement robust data sources and integrations with enterprise systems.
* Establish effective data cleansing and operational infrastructures providing for uncompromising standards of data quality and integrity.
* Create and maintain documentation focusing on technology implementation and operations management.
* 5+ years of professional software development experience in Python and/or Java
* 2+ years data model and ERD design
* Strong SQL and ETL skills with 2+ years professional experience
* Fiercely dedicated to maintaining high standards of data quality.
* Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
Nice to Have:
* Previous Hadoop, Hive, and/or Pig experience.
* 1+ years Python or Java Transform/Mappers and Reducer development.
* HDP platform and related technology experience.
* 1+ years Bash/Linux scripting for process automation.
* Experience with any NoSQL data-store like Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB.
* Familiarity with statistical modeling, and experience with related software e.g. R, SCIPY/NUMPY, etc.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org