Sr Software Engineer 2 - Frontend
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R1251 Sr Software Engineer 2 - Frontend (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Sr Software Engineer 2 - Frontend
Podio is a collaborative work platform that is already empowering hundreds of thousands of organisations to change the way they work. We believe that the power to control your own work tools should be given back to the people who are actually doing the job. Our vision is simple: Podio is the future of work.
We’re looking for an expert in browser technologies, who wants to put their skills to work building a world-class user experience for a product you’ll get to deploy everyday. You’ll be joining our team of 7 engineers, who are all highly skilled and great fun to work with. Ideally, you’ll know more than us.
You’ll have to challenge existing thinking, ask the right questions, and bring your experience to help us scale rapidly.
Our ideal candidate
- Will want this role to be a key turning point in their career. This is an opportunity to join a company and a product that is revolutionising the future of work.
- Has at least 2 years relevant industry experience. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Experience building complex web applications using frameworks like React, Backbone, Angular or Ember.
- Experience with real-time updating on the client-side.
- A craftsman, that cares deeply about user experience and knows how much the last 5% matters.
- Has excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Would only want to work in a lean, agile and most of all test-driven environment.
- Is always learning, curious, and open to new ideas. Innovation is critical to our success.
- Is fun. We like to have a good time at Podio, otherwise we wouldn’t come to work everyday!
- Loves and understands technology and keeps on top of trends.
- Is a team champion. You deflect praise to those involved and absorb criticism of the product.
Our front-end is a modern hybrid web-application organized into self-contained React components. We use Backbone for models and controllers, communicating with our Python-based REST API. We use Ruby on Rails to handle the parts of the application that do not require a rich client-side experience.
We are using a broad variety of technologies, like SASS/CSS, OOCSS, CometD, Mocha, JSDOM, AMD/RequireJS, WebPack, ES6 modules, Grunt, LiveReload, together with many internal developed frameworks and components, to keep our user experience bleeding-edge.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.