Sr Software Engineer I - C#
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 5/18/2017
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Summary
Join a Fortune 500 company in the growing healthcare industry and provide technical support for market-leading software solutions. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Easy Dental, Dentrix Enterprise, Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based) and Viive (Mac) and Tech Central.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is growing and recently moved into a new building that includes an indoor gym and other desirable amenities. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of the building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners.
A Fortune 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices, Henry Schein employs nearly 19,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $10.6 billion in 2015.
Performs complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research. Performs moderately complex bug verification, releases testing and beta support for assigned products. Functions as a key member of the Development team for the assigned business unit. Designs, engineers, and interacts with QA to implement commercial medical/dental software products.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Engineers, codes, and debugs both new and legacy code.
* Performs specific skills and competence in reference to research and analysis of technologies.
* Assists Technical Support and development team in solving programming-related problems.
* Participates in code reviews for final product.
* Assists in quality assurance measures (code reviews, unit and interaction test case creation, etc.).
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
* Assists User Documentation Specialist in assembling information for user documentation.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
* Minimum of 4 years of technical experience in software development environment.
* Experience in object-oriented software engineering methodologies.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Advanced ability to perform and, except for Software Engineer II's and Software Architects, lead other engineers to:
* Derive and design technical specifications from general product requirements and specs.
* Use specific software engineering technical skills to implement software from technical specifications
* Exercise problem solving skills, diagnosing, finding and testing solutions.
* Advanced ability to create and perform unit tests.
* Work with minimal supervision.
* Exercise team management skills when assigned
* Multi-task and work well under high pressure.
* Practice good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Work well independently and in a team environment
* 2 years of experience with WCF
* Experience with modern encryption technologies
* Experience with an ORM
* Experience with IIS/ASP.NET
* Experience with MEF/Dependency Injection/PRISM
* Experience with Distributed computing
* Experience with WPF
* Experience with Performance monitoring (i.e. Memory Dump analysis/Perfmon)
* Experience with SQL and LINQ to Objects
* Bachelor's degree or better in business, software engineering or computer science. Proficiency in applicable object-oriented software languages (preferably C# , C , Delphi).
* Current on new technology and development techniques within the software industry.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.