Sr. Software Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Volt Workforce Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you an expert at writing and modifying code Do you have at least 6years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using C++ and/or Java Do you have experience with satellite operations If so, then you may be the candidate we are looking for!
We are seeking TWENTY (20) seasoned Software Engineers to join our client's Software Team as Sr. Software Engineers. The successful candidates will work with our client, a technology leader specializing in defense, civil government, and cybersecurity markets throughout the world, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Aurora, CO. The successful candidates will be energetic Software Engineers that are able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes pressured environments. The will also have software engineeringexperience and knowledge with using object oriented methodologies. The selected candidates will work closely with Systems Engineers, Integrators, Testers, and customers to design, develop and support software applications throughout the development and maintenance life cycle. Key responsibilities for the qualified candidates include:
* Object-oriented C++, Java, and Python programming
* Designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining new software functionality
* Working with previously written code and modifying as necessary
* Working closely with other disciplines (systems, networking, IS, configuration management, and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems
* Contributing to the completion of the program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor
* Communicating complex and diverse engineering topics
* Following established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts
* Applicants selected must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Bachelor of Science in a Math, Science, or Engineering related field
* A minimum 6years working experience in object-oriented software design and development using C++ and/or Java
* Software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary
* Experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies
* Experience with software execution throughout the entire software lifecycle (preliminary design through maintenance phases)
* Must be a team player incorporating a team based success philosophy
* 6+ years of experience working with Unix/Linux OS based development
* 6+ years of experience working with Microsoft Windows OS based development
* Work experience with Purify, Python, XML, and/or Perl
* Experience with application development involving RDBMS (such as Oracle, mySQL, etc)
* Experience with UML design modeling in modeling tools such as Rational Rose, RSA, or Rhapsody
* Experience and knowledge related to Satellite Operations, Satellite Ground Systems, and Ground System Operations
* Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement
* Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems)
* Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material
As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our employees. Contact a Volt representative by applying to this posting online for immediate consideration. Submit your resume today!
olt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.