Senior Software Engineer (Java)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/27/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
* Want to build software products that make a difference in the life of a student*
* Do you constantly look for ways to develop something better and learn new technology*
You will have the opportunity to develop large-scale server components, provide value to our customer by having an impact on our software product, grow your skills and work with latest technologies. We are looking for someone who loves developing, enjoys working with a team of talented engineers, and is eager to take on challenges. You will enjoy the working with energetic scrum team, learn from them, participate in hack-a-thons, while having stability and work life balance as part of a successful company.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon Metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville)
* Design and develop various web based components for systems used by millions of users. Innovate new features and make suggestions on the direction of the product.
* Own portions of system functionality; work with the team to define what needs to be done and build it.
* Understand the current system and come up with creative ideas for refactoring or proactively improving the code base.
* Get involved in full stack deployment opportunities and incorporate cutting edge technologies as the platform evolves.
* Collaborate with Product Owner and team to groom stories and actively participate in the Agile software development process.
* Dive into customer issues as required to support an ideal end user experience.
* Minimum of 5 years experience developing Java/J2EE technologies in a real world production environment.
* Knowledge and experience in debugging techniques, development environments, unit testing.
* Be a self-starter, who proactively seeks out new tasks, collaborates with team members, and searches for solutions to problems before asking for help.
* Bachelors degree in related discipline or equivalent years of related experience required.
* Solid understanding of Agile/Scrum and related tools.
* Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kafka, HBase, Spark, ELK stack is a plus.
* Experience in GO/GOLANG is a plus
Our employees are a direct reflection of our business. Diverse and talented, we are passionate about the power of education and proactive in seeking new challenges and innovations. But the most exciting part of Hobsons is where we are headed. We believe the biggest ideas are yet to come. We are well positioned for the future with a growing workforce, international expansion, increasing revenue, creative thinking and new opportunities. Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets our employees. That s why we not only offer a comprehensive benefits package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits include (but may vary depending on global location):
* Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short-term Disability Insurance
* Long-term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Education Reimbursement
* Employee Referral Program
Mental & Emotional Well-being
* Substantial Paid Time-off
* Generous Holiday Schedule PLUS a company-wide paid winter holiday from Christmas Eve through New Year s Day
* Casual Dress Environment
* Flexible Work Arrangement Program
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we actively foster a corporate culture that rewards employee excellence and encourages community service. Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements. To learn more about Hobsons, please visit our corporate Web site at www.hobsons.com.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.