Sr. Software Engineer - Python 8/23/2016
North Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Software Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of specialty contracting services to the telecommunications and infrastructure industry. These services, which are provided throughout the United States and in Canada, include engineering, construction, maintenance and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities, including telecommunications providers, and other construction and maintenance services to electric and gas utilities and others. The IT environment is constantly changing, growing to meet the needs of our subsidiary companies and their customers. If you are looking for a career to work with a great group of people and have a real impact on the business, then our client's IT Department is the place for you.
MEET OUR TEAM:
Our team of Software Engineers come from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels but, it is our sense of urgency to do what it takes to get the job done that brings us together. We are constantly looking for new ways to use the best technologies to solve our customer's problems. We learn from each other and take pride in what we do to accomplish our goals as a team. Our customers see our technology as their competitive advantage. We have learned to adapt to their changing needs, while creating sustainable solutions to fit a variety of problems.
As a Software Engineer on our team you will be responsible for; Building multi-tiered cloud-based systems. You will help to implement web-based solutions to our subsidiary companies and may interface directly with our end users. You will work with our team of highly collaborative Software Engineers work in an agile environment who also do it all from design, development, testing to product support. The opportunity with this client is as broad as your ambition.
THE DAY TO DAY:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
* Write amazing code to solve business problems in innovative ways
* Create and support "Back Office" systems that help run the business
* Integrate with our customer's portals in order to share important project data
* Assisting in the architecture across multiple development initiatives
* Apply and document technical design principles to architect your code for maintainability and reliability
* Ensure quality products by designing and driving testing efforts in partnership with QA
* Work with our technical support teams to solve complex product support issues; will need to troubleshoot, research, and come up with long-term solutions
* Make recommendations on new tools and technologies to build new software and improve existing software
* Work collaboratively with our internal teams and external partners on design, development, and delivery of our business solutions
CHALLENGE: Build loosely coupled and highly scalable software solutions that can change and grow with our subsidiaries' and customers' needs
BENEFIT: Our Software Engineers are key players in delivering our cloud-based business solutions to our subsidiaries nationwide.
PURPOSE: Our Software Engineers support the success of new and existing software systems by designing and developing solutions that help support our subsidiaries' businesses
WHAT DO YOU NEED
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
* Full stack-developer that can work on both the front-end and back-end of an application
* Demonstrated experience with event driven architecture - Ability to build loosely coupled software and highly scalable software solutions
* Demonstrated experience developing multi-tenant or SAAS (Software as a Service) / cloud-ready applications
* Demonstrated experience with Microsoft technologies; C#, SQL Server
* Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, automated deployments
Our environment is business driven, so you will need the the ability to be flexible and move with change such as changing technologies and changing priorities. You will need to be able to communicate information effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. You should also have an analytical perspective with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues as well as be very good at multitasking and customer service.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
* Experience with open source technology: Jenkins, RabbitMQ, NodeJS, etc
* Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
* Building location aware applications
* Development experience with applications that run in a disconnected mode (applications that able to run without internet connectivity)
WHAT WE OFFER
* A challenging environment where everyone's voice is heard
* A culture of continuous learning and growth
* A great team atmosphere
* Complete benefits package (health insurance, vision, dental insurance and more)