Sr. Software Engineer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Netsmart team is focused on delivering innovative solutions to the healthcare community. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of Netsmart s Best in Class Behavioral Healthcare Software Solution team that will be deploying innovative, and efficient applications as a Sr. Software Engineer.
The Sr. Software Engineer will be performing Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance.
* Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
* Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
* Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
* Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
* Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
* Production of efficient and fully documented code
* Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
* Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
* Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timelines as defined by the Project Manager
* Works with little supervision from project or line manager
Quality and Adherence to Standards
* Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification
* Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
* Peer review and sign-off of others work
* Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
* Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
* Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
* Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
* Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant combination of training and education
* 6 plus years of technical experience in software development.
* Expertise with C# MS Development
* Expertise with JSON/Restful-based web service design and development
* Experience with information technology data standards including XML, XML Schema
* Understanding of cloud-based SaaS architectures involves designing elastic solutions, distributed state, availability, scalability, etc..
* Experience with Delphi a plus
* Experience with Silverlight, Windows8, Unity, WCF technologies, Prism, WIX a plus
* Adept in Object Oriented Design.
* Experience with full lifecycle development and using Agile methods.
* Experience with multi-tenant SaaS based solutions a plus.
* Experience with Delphi is a plus
* Experience with healthcare systems and technology a plus: Care Management, HL7, HIE, IHE, CCD.
* Excellent analytical, design and troubleshooting skills and server side debugging skills.
* Excellent research and analysis skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Self-motivated and tenacious when tackling tough technical issues.
* Ability to work closely within a team and collaborate with other.
* Ability to handle conflict, difficult situations, and urgent issues in a professional manner.
* Experience in working with offshore/distributed team