Sr Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a seasoned developer with extensive skills in developing packet processing software in a highly scalable multi-threaded embedded software environment. You will be part of a fast-paced high performing engineering team developing networking and security software components for a leading SD-WAN solution. Your primary focus will be to develop a high performance Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) application providing fine grained control over the network traffic flows transiting our SD-WAN software appliance. We are looking for a self-motivated technical leader and a team player with a proven ability to deliver results in small team settings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Design and develop a high performance protocol analysis engine to identify and control application flows in a network
* Performance tuning of multi-threaded packet processing and security engines
* Work with the extended engineering and support teams to debug and tune software for bare-metal and virtualized environments
* Prototype new features for Proof-of-Concept demonstrations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
7+ years of embedded software development experience using C in a multi-threaded environment
Hands-on experience developing deep packet inspection, packet switching, protocol analysis and firewall systems
Deep understanding of statistical, behavioral, and signature based packet analysis techniques is highly desirable
Thorough understanding of IP and higher level protocols (VoIP, Video, HTTP)
Proven ability to multi-task and be productive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Familiarity with virtualization technologies is desirable
Rapid prototyping skills for Proof-of-Concept demonstrations
Strong verbal and written communication skills
* BS/MS in CS, EE, or related area.