Sr. Software Engineer, Server
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People--the listeners, the artists, and our employees--are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we're looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Pandora's Listeners group builds features for the many tens of millions of Pandora listeners each month. The Listeners group has a range of opportunities for engineers with extensive experience building social integrations and applications to bring their skill set to Pandora's users. We're looking for engineers passionate about producing high quality server-side applications that engage users at a high level, and that scale to the many tens of millions of monthly listeners Pandora's applications reach.
You should have demonstrated deep engineering skills in multiple languages, experience with designing large-scale systems, data modelling and storage for social applications, and a passion for learning new skills. You should have an understanding of high-performance and scalable Java application development, and experience with building real-world robust applications, and applying modern software development methodologies including unit testing, build automation, code review. You should be highly motivated and bring an attitude of personal responsibility and technical leadership to the team.
* Minimum 8 years professional experience
* A passion for building high quality software
* Expert level experience developing server software in Java
* Experience working with back end databases (PostgreSQL preferred), using SQL
* Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms
* Comfortable working across the full technology stack
* Significant experience with automated testing
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience developing Python
* Experience with social APIs (twitter, facebook, etc.)
* Experience with other database systems, possibly including noSQL
* Knowledge of HDFS / HIVE
* Experience with Agile software development
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com