Sr. Software Engineer / Sr. Java Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONOne of our Financial Client has a current opening at a competitive rate, for a long term Contractual Position, experienced SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER/SR. JAVA DEVELOPER to add to their team. I reviewed your resume in our database and think this would be a great fit, so was hoping to connect with you regarding this opportunity.
Below are some key highlights of the position, if this is of interest please let me know. I would be happy to arrange a time to discuss the details and /or to further determine which types of opportunities you may be interested in exploring.
TITLE: SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER/SR. JAVA DEVELOPER
LOCATION: ANN ARBOR, MI
The Senior SoftwareEngineer will perform complex software design tasks and will provide thought leadership on the design, development, build, deploy and maintenance of complex systems/products/projects.
This role will serve as an SME on a particular system or product or application and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and communicate them to development teams. This role will mentor and lead junior softwareengineers/developers while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will be part of the team responsible for the re-architecture, design, development and launch of the next generation code base aligned to the future state platform architecture.
* Performs product design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
* Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation.Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
* Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
* A key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions
* Will interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
* Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
* Mentors more junior engineers/developers, serves as an SME on their system of expertise and directs the work and assigns development tasks of junior engineers/developers.
* 8+ YEARS OF JAVA, J2EE AND WEB/INTERNET BASED PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE (BOTH CLIENT AND SERVER SIDE)
* 8+ EXPERIENCE WITH OOA/OOD, DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS/SOFTWARE, REAL TIME PROCESSING, RELATIONAL DATABASE SYSTEMS, MESSAGING SYSTEMS
* DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF DATA STRUCTURES, ALGORITHMS AND DESIGN PATTERNS (GOF)
* Experience with agile, test-driven development
* EXPERIENCE WITH RICH UI FRAMEWORKS LIKE ANGULAR JS, JQUERY, DOJO, AJAX, HTML 5, SWING, JAVA FX OR SIMILAR FRAMEWORKS/APIS
* EXPERIENCE WITH APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORKS LIKE SPRING, HIBERNATE, JSF, STRUTS OR SIMILAR FRAMEWORKS
* EXPERIENCE WITH SOA AND WEB SERVICES
* EXPERIENCE WITH UNIX/LINUX, WINDOWS
* EXPERIENCE WITH BUILD, DEPLOY AND TEST AUTOMATION TOOLS LIKE ANT, MAVEN, HUDSON, JENKINS, CRUISE CONTROL, CHEF, JUNIT, TEST NJ, SELENIUM OR SIMILAR TOOLS
* Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
* Experience in developing APIs and Frameworks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
# OF YEARS REQUIRED:
* 8+ YEARS OF CORE JAVA, CORE JAVA, CORE JAVA AND WEB/INTERNET BASED PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE (BOTH CLIENT AND SERVER SIDE)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
PREFERRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE:
* Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems
* EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH MULTI-THREADED AND HIGHLY CONCURRENT SYSTEMS
* Experience in software product development or softwareengineering organizations
* Experience with highly-available systems with clustered/cloud architectures
* Experience with network, security and firewall systems
* Experience with communication/transport protocols
* Experience with in-memory databases/no-SQL databases
* Experience with highly performing distributed file systems
* Experience with socket programming, streams and I/O
* Experience with low-level performance and systems tuning of various infrastructure systems
* EXPERIENCE WITH LINUX KERNEL AND JVM INTERNALS
* Knowledge of cloud computing and tools
* EXPERIENCE WITH OPEN STACK, ZOO KEEPER, CASSANDRA, KAFKA, SPARK, STORM, HADOOP, HBASE, NODE.JS, RABBIT MQ, AMQP OR SIMILAR FRAMEWORKS