Sr. Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sr. Software Engineer
Equinix is currently looking for an experienced data infrastructure engineer to join our big data analytics team to build Equinix next-generation data center management Platform together. Our Big Data Analytics team is responsible for all real-time and batch processing infrastructure for Equinix s analytical data as well as analytics algorithm design/implementations. We heavily utilize open-source software stack including Hadoop, Akka, Spark, Storm, Kafka and Cassandra. We innovate on top of these technologies to provide infrastructure for big data analysis including network data analytics, network fault management, business metrics aggregation, product analytics, machine learning, data science, network anomaly detection, and many more. Our mission is to design, develop, and operate the best data lake solution for all of Equinix s analytical data to empower every tier of our incredibly fast growing customers and serve our customer facing product demands as well as internal network operation management demands more efficiently.
* Designing and building data infrastructure (a.k.a data pipeline) that can collect, store, and analyze data from our almost 150 data centers across the global efficiently, timely and reliably by leveraging the open source solutions including Spark, Hadoop, YARN, Kafka, Cassandra, etc
* Writing server-side code, creating robust, high-volume production applications, and developing prototypes quickly.
* Heading up our pipeline customization efforts, builds, deployment, and operation management
* Writing machine learning algorithms to analyze collected network data and sensor data
* Providing thought leadership for the Data Management team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline or improve adoption of the platform.
* We believe in giving back to the open source communities and benefit others through our work. Therefore, you ll have the opportunity to contribute back.
* Strong engineering background, ideally experienced with medium to large sized distributed systems
* Excellent Python scripting skills but are also comfortable with working in any language such as Scala, Java
* Experience with Hadoop, Gobblin, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, etc. are preferred
* Great communication and follow through. The ability to take ownership of solutions, end-to-end and work well across multiple teams in a high visibility role
* Comfortable hacking on any part of the stack
* Hands-on experience in building machine learning algorithms to analyze large volume of network data and sensor data
* Experience building and launching new data models that will provide intuitive analytics to stakeholders and customers
* Experience designing, building, and launching extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data
* Experience designing and developing new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
* Network and Data Center Management knowledge and experience would be a plus