Sr. Software Quality Engineering Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under limited supervision, collaborates with other it teams, architects, and business partners to help evaluate current best practices in software development quality assurance practices. Successfully influences test development through technical guidance and direction setting. Provides leadership for the testing solutions used in delivering world-class technologies and products with the high quality required. Analyzes and resolves problems of high complexity.
Job Specific Information
* Setup/configure/maintain automated testing environments in a continuous integration setting
* Work with agile product teams to identify and assess acceptance criteria on user stories
* Work with agile product teams on test strategy and design
* Develops and executes software test plans using both automated and manual testing to ensure products meet design specifications and are within the specified quality standards
* Develop test documentation, execute tests, and monitor results using application lifecycle tools.
* Uses formal software QA methodologies to design product test environments that emulate typical customer use, configuration and loads
* Contributes to the design and implementation of test automation strategies
* Transform manual test documentation into robust, efficient automated test scripts.
* Present progress and results of automated testing efforts to appropriate leadership teams.
* Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports (incl. detailed steps to reproduce, screenshots, accurate prioritization etc.)
* Continuously improve upon the productivity and efficiency of our automated testing efforts using innovative tools and techniques.
* Applies knowledge and experience to the development of new methods, programs and procedures
* Utilizes test standards, procedures and functional specifications for test approaches
* Documents test reports, test strategies, test plans, test cases, and defect reports
* Adhere to and promote standards for test development best practices
* Passionate interest in keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
* Experience in Software Testing/Software Quality Assurance with a strong background in automated testing of software applications
* Experience with automation frameworks and test suite design
* Automated testing experience with tools such as Selenium, QTP/UFT
* Experience with SoapUI, JUnit, and other automated tools and scripting languages
* Experience with Business Intelligence platforms such as SAP BusinessObjects, Tibco Spotfire, AB Initio, Hadoop and databases like Oracle and Teradata
* Programming experience with Java or other object oriented language
* Exposure to software architectures & supported platforms (PCs, PC Networks, UNIX)
* Knowledge of Software Development Processes & Tools (including Scrum / Agile Methodology)
* Experience with various testing approaches/concepts with the ability to select the appropriate approach for a given project.
* Understanding of n-tier platforms (like Windows / UNIX / Apache / jBoss)
* Understanding of enterprise messaging such as Tibco
* Strong background in functional testing and software quality best practice
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated collaborative skills
* Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member.
* A desire to work in a collaborative, fast-paced agile environment
* Highly motivated, well organized, capable of developing and executing upon a project plan, and able to communicate status effectively.
* Experience in Non Functional Requirements testing and Performance testing
* Ability to effectively work with off shore work and multi-location groups to effectively test
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration and/or equivalent formal training or work experience in a related field. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or business environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..