Sr. Software Staff Engineer 8/10/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SR. SOFTWARE STAFF ENGINEER
LOCATION: SAN DIEGO, CA
* The Senior Software Staff Engineer is a technical position doing software development for product advancements in the medication safety space.
* The individual would have responsibility for working cross-functionally to understand end-user needs and requirements and mapping them to software design requirements and execute the implementation of the designs that meet these requirements on time, with quality.
* The responsibilities can include, but are not limited to Developing features across multiple subsystems within our applications, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment.
* Typically the Senior Software Staff Engineer will work with a team of developers to research, design, develop, and test software for medical and general computing applications.
* Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
* Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis. In addition, the individual will interface both internally and externally to understand the clinical use cases, usability and softwarerequirements.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Applied Math.
* Minimum of 8years of post-educational professional software development experience.
* Experience with WPF, C#, .Net, GUI and SQL development in a MS Windows environment Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies.
* MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Applied Math.
* 10+ years of professional experience in designing, developing technologies with software and hardware.
* Minimum of 3+ years' experience developing WPF applications
* Ability to expand engineering skills across the vertical layers of software/hardware technology including GUI, business logic, server, database, etc.
* Experience with developing software for printer/ hardware devices Competencies
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Self-directed with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and trends
* Leadership, mentoring, organization and coordination skills
* Demonstrated customer focus, learning agility and situational awareness