Sr. Software Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONZOLL San Jose is a division of ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company. ZOLL Medical develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care. The San Jose Division includes products for therapeutic temperature management, circulation, and CPR feedback
General Summary :
Responsible for software testing, test protocol design, verification and validation testing of embedded and support software for electromechanical medical products in the field of cardiac resuscitation.
* Involved with multiple projects to maintain existing products and developing new products.
* Assist in the definition of software requirements and specifications.
* Work closely with cross-functional groups, including Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering counterparts to understand system requirements.
* Ensure all products are tested in accordance with the product development process, including requirements definition, verification, and validation.
* Evaluate embedded product software under development and report findings to developer
* Participate in code reviews and software module tests as needed.
* Participate in software technical reviews and software development phase reviews.
* Define test plans for verification and validation.
* Oversee software configuration control throughout the development process
* Ensure traceability between system requirements, software requirements, software design and test cases
* Preparing verification and validation test plans, test procedures and test reports
* Participate in the development of product requirements and specification
* Perform verification and validation testing of hardware and software
* Participate in project status and design review meetings
* Contribute to the overall improvement of ZOLL Circulation products and procedures
* Familiarity with computer programming in assembly, C, C++
* Familiarity with Visual Source Safe or other configuration management tool
* Strong technical documentation skills
* Experience working within medical device standards (EN 60601, ISO 13485, FDA QSR's, etc.)
* Minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience testing medical devices
* BS degree in CS/EE/BME or other disciplines
* Software and hardware testing for electromechanical systems
* Direct experience with medical devices
San Jose, California, United States