Sr. Software Verification Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHY JOIN BOSTON SCIENTIFIC NEUROMODULATION IN CALIFORNIA*
We integrate all global operations at our worldwide headquarters in Valencia, California, close to Los Angeles, close to the beach, close to the mountains, close to the desert. All the advantages of Southern California but more affordable than many other areas nearby. Looking for onsite amenities* We have an on-campus bistro, credit union, gym, and Toastmasters club. Take advantage of 360 days of sunshine a year on our basketball and volleyball courts. Join our softball and soccer teams. We even have cricket and dragon boat racing teams! We also offer numerous volunteer activities and events in the wonderful communities of Valencia and Santa Clarita. If you like to work hard and play hard, you'll fit right in. And you'll be well rewarded. Our salaries are competitive. Our benefits package is generous. And our 401K program* Forbes ranks it one of the top 10 in the country!
WHAT MAKES BOSTON SCIENTIFIC NEUROMODULATION SO SPECIAL*
We've seen the difference that neuromodulation technology such as spinal cord stimulation and deep brain stimulation can make. These breakthroughs have helped more than 400,000 people worldwide over the past four decades. But there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to be the world leader in neurological devices, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
The candidate would be expected to Design, Develop, and Implement testing protocols for verification of software requirements for class III medical devices. The ideal candidate should be motivated with extensive technical knowledge of advanced testing concepts and formal software verification strategies for regulated software in the medical device industry; or other regulated industry.
The individual should be a team player who is willing to collaborate and work in cross functional teams across geographies and cultures. Strong technical background in medical devices would be preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze System and Software requirements to determine testability, completeness and consistency.
- Develop test objective and design test protocols to evaluate software as compared to the specified requirements.
- Use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques as they relate to software testing.
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of large scope and complexity.
- Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, or new testing requirements.
- Provide inputs for test equipment capabilities.
- Provide traceable evidence between requirements and tests.
- Perform ripple effect analysis for requirements and design level changes.
- Write formal test plans and reports that can be used in submission packages to regulatory agencies.
- Follow established standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in software development and software verification.
- 3+ years experience in writing automated software tests.
- Extensive technical knowledge of advanced testing concepts and formal Software and Systems Verification strategies for regulated Software, preferably in the Medical Device Industry.
- Understand SW/HW systems and be able to test for the types of failure modes associated with these systems.
- 2+ years' experience programming in Scripting Languages (preferably PHP or Python).
- Experience in the Medical Device industry (or other regulated environment).
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of both Manual and Automated Testing Tools for Application Software as well as Embedded Systems.
- Ability to read, understand and/or write a high level programming language.
- Knowledge of Software and System Architectures, Software Engineering Best Practices, and programming and scripting languages.
- Experience using configuration management tools, requirements management tools,and defect tracking systems.
- Understanding of failure modes and effects analysis
- Evidence of training in advanced testing concepts such as model based testing.
- Knowledge of standard IEC 62304 Medical Device Software - Software life cycle process.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office products.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Embedded, Software Engineer, Medical Device Engineer, Technology, Engineering