Sr Solutions Engineer 8/31/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Senior Logistics Engineer of Solutions is responsible for development of a logistics solution that takes prospect information and ultimately creates the location, process design, layout, labor model, cost structure, and price needed to both be profitable for UTi and a superior choice for the prospect. This position will work closely with sales to identify the feasibility of opportunities, be a resource on sales calls and verify outgoing solutions documentation. The successful candidate will work closely with Implementations and Operations as the internal customer to ensure that the solutions is complete and clearly handed off to ensure operational execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Research prospect and customer data to ensure comprehensive for solution design
* Research customer vertical, business model, brand, and culture to ensure solution fits this criteria
* Keep informed of best in class tools and techniques needed for solution design
* Analyze work flow including inbound, put away, replenishment, picking, packing, shipping and VAS processes to ensure accuracy and ability to execute
* Ensures all distribution system functionality is configured to optimize performance (e.g., WMS, LMS)
* Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes and other data to develop design solutions
* Performs special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions
* Performs cost/benefit tradeoff analysis and develops ROI business cases for recommended projects involving process, system, or technology change
* Develops logistics engineering strategies with the senior management team
* Track engineering hours for solution
* Post solution updates to tracker so leadership is aware of solution progress
* Documents and communicates common processes for all distribution functions across the network
* Direct communication with clients and prospects during solution design and presentation
* Communicates with sales on go/no go decisions to pursue opportunities
* Ongoing communication with implementation and operations as deals are won and implemented
* Works with outside vendors on new technology and solutions equipment and techniques.
* Communicates with operations post implementation for engineering assistance, clarification of solutions, expansion, and incremental business
* Helps determine key metrics and provide recommendations to guide management
* Trains and mentors solutions engineers in tools and solutions techniques unique to the logistics industry
* Performs other duties as required
* Relationships with sales, solutions, implementations, IT
* Ensures alignment among all operations policies, procedures, and ongoing improvement projects
* Coach or mentor others on team
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Four year degree is basic requirement
* Minimum of 2 years of job related/relevant experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
*Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint & Access
*Knowledge of WMS functionality
*English (reading, writing, verbal), Spanish a plus
*Interpersonal communication and language skills (e.g., listening to others, speaking to others, reading, writing).
*Communication (facilitation skills and very mature communication skills to be able to communicate to all levels in the organization).
*New client implementations in warehouse setting
* Warehouse operational experience
Education and/or Experience:
* Engineering Degree Preferred
* Experience dealing with end users, vendors and clients
* Ability to use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment like AutoCAD, MS-Project, and Visio
* Strong writing skills with experience documenting design methodologies to create logistics solutions and responses to RFP s
* Ability to develop and deliver presentations to managers and executives
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities required
* Position requires one to be self-motivated and a team player
* Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
* Keeps informed of technical changes and industry trends
* Must be able to travel by airplane or automobile
* Typically warehouse work environment but could include manufacturing and transportation locations
* Travel 35%
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.