Senior Specialist - Business Intelligence & Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Senior Specialist - Business Intelligence & Analytics
Auto Req ID
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be staffed in either Bedford, MA, or McLean, VA.
The Senior Specialist, Business Intelligence & Analytics has the responsibility on an account / platform for data, reporting and analytics processes that touch all aspects of service delivery to be consistent with corporate standards. The role is critical to the success of the client relationship in driving performance management, process improvement and innovation thru fact-based decision making. Growing analytics capability is an essential deliverable, and direct or indirect management of analyst deliverables may be expected. The position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the management of their assigned portfolio in a manner that is consistent with the client s goals.
This position provides an opportunity to work in a broad range of areas related to a global real estate portfolio, including: transaction management, facility management and building operations, energy management, leasing, project management, and real estate portfolio planning.
The Senior Specialist, Business Intelligence & Analytics reports to the Account Director.
* Translate client business objectives into an information management and business intelligence strategy, which is integrated and consistent at the account management level.
* Promote and enable the import and export of best practices to and from the account, and link the account to emerging practices in the industry and the BI / data fields.
* Devise and promote creative data visualization to derive actionable intelligence.
* Financial modeling, analysis and compilation of quantitative data.
* Forecast/trending of performance data.
* Process mapping and efficiency analysis.
* Develop automated tools and dashboards with IT team to provide real-time insights to business data.
* Use of advanced statistical concepts to determine significant sources of variability.
* Designing data integration from multiple systems into manageable data warehouses into analytic data models.
* Provide subject matter expertise for all data related processes and analyses.
* Develop data analysis and interpretation skills in the account team, including predictive modelling and simulation techniques for performance improvement.
CLIENT AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
* Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development;
* Lead problem solving teams to develop recommendations based on data interpretation and analysis to transform behaviors and techniques
* Deep understanding of contract key performance indicator and reporting requirements and client expectations.
LEASE FINANCIAL DATA
* Set up timely tenant lease data including non-financial and financial billing information into appropriate accounting system.
LEASE ABSTRACT DATA
* Complete and input lease abstract data into the required accounting system or alternative client driven system.
* Review and post monthly tenant billings for assigned properties.
NEW PROPERTY TRANSITION
* Prepare or assist with new property transition set-up.
* Manage the transaction activity process.
* Negotiate lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, amendments, collateral security agreements.
* Analyze and manage clients portfolio in a proactive manner by proposing transactions that will assure maximum value-added results for the client.
* Proactively market properties.
* Update and maintain transaction databases.
* Process lease and purchase inquiries for client owned property.
* Identify client properties to be sold and /or leased.
* Review and analyze leased properties for rent increased.
* Monitor critical dates in the lease portfolio.
* Respond and handle property management issues.
* Serve as an information resource for the client.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Finance, Information Technology, or related field is required.
* An MBA or a Master s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or related field, preferred.
* Four to six years of experience in a related field or environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Communication Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written), Strong understanding of analytic/statistical concepts with the ability to explain them to others
* Team-building Key stakeholder and collaborators are geographically dispersed. Getting results from ad hoc groups of disparate people is critical.
* Flexibility We need to understand regional/cultural/contextual differences and allow for local expression without compromising global coherence.
* Experience with process improvement.
* High level skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
* SharePoint experience is a plus.
* Experience with other data and statistical applications are a plus (PowerPivot, Tableau, Minitab, Sigma Excel, SQL).
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Six Sigma Certification is a plus
* A valid and current state Real Estate license for conducting business a plus
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS
* Sedentary work
* Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
* Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
* The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
* Position may work primarily at client site or project location with potential daily client and contractor interaction.
* Face to face and/or remote daily interpersonal interaction is usually required in order to perform the job.
* 10% travel within assigned territory.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43603BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our