Sr Sponsor Contracts Analyst (Budgeting and Financials)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary:
Processes company contracts that support projects within Clinical Operations. Identifies project and/or individual contract related problems and works within the team to provide solutions.
* Manages assigned contract management processes, including but not limited to the coordination and finalization of the Customer contractual instrument including the project specifications and budget.
* Negotiates and prepares contracts, budgets and related documents for participation in clinical trials.
* Revises legal contracting text using Company contracting policy and established fallbacks.
* Communicates and explains legal and budgetary issues to internal and external parties per department guidelines.
* Evaluates and reviews Customer requested contract changes and based upon department guidelines; escalates deviations to department leadership and/or the Legal Department.
* Serves as communication liaison between Contracts staff and internal and external Customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps Contracts team aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
* Evaluates contracts for completeness and accuracy by comparing to department guidelines to determine adherence, and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
* Initiates and participates in face-to-face or teleconference Customer meetings for the purpose of expediting the contract signing process, as directed or independently determined as an appropriate course of action.
* Assists with mentoring and training of new staff as assigned.
* Maintains contract templates, study specific files and databases.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
B.A./B.S., preferably in business or life sciences, plus nominal contracts management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Above average knowledge of contract and budget preparation and the ability to interpret budgets. Strong attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, organizational and interpersonal skills, team-oriented and analytical skills. Ability to work independently and understand and carry out detailed instruction and the ability to work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines is necessary. Ability to interact with staff from multiple departments. Excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.