Sr Staff Auditor - Financial Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SR STAFF AUDITOR- FINANCIAL SERVICES
JOB LOCATION: LOS ANGELES CA
DURATION: FULL TIME
Sigma Systems is looking to hire a Sr Staff Auditor.
JOB SUMMARY:As part of the audit team, the Senior Staff Auditor will be responsible for:
* Running client engagements from start to finish. This includes all aspects of financial statement preparation, internal staffing of engagements, project scheduling and budgeting, planning of the engagement and related administrative functions
* Supervising, training, and mentoring staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; performing in-charge role
* Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services
* Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
* Research and analyze financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases, and employ audit software to review and compile financial information
* Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
* 3 plus year of experience in external audits (public accounting experience) with a mid- sized or national firm.
* Experience in Financial Institutions or financial services external audit of both public and private companies preferred
* SEC experience preferred
* Experience with engagement management, audit and review skills and staff supervision are required
* Candidate will need to be able to multi task as planning, executing and wrapping up various engagements may have to be performed concurrently
* Ability to perform research on technical matters prior to submitting for manager review is essential.
* Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software
* Candidate must meet 150 hour requirement for CPA eligibility; CPA license in California preferred
* Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites