Sr. Staff Diagnostic Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSr. Staff Diagnostic Development Engineer:
Blue Coat s server class network appliances are used by the largest corporations in the world for web security and WAN-optimization applications. Diagnostics development is a core component within our platform engineering team & is used during manufacturing and by customers for field support. Released Diagnostics should align with Blue Coat s platform roadmap, customer (internal & external) usage models, accessibility and security constraints while catering to all troubleshooting and failure analysis requirements during the entire Blue Coat product life cycle.
1. Responsible for developing & maintaining critical requirement specifications
2. Developing code and managing releases per the requirements
3. Own and develop the diagnostics validation process
4. Provide guidance on best approaches for stress testing using traffic
5. Provide a roadmap to internal engineering, support, manufacturing, test & QA on diagnostics development that will align with the product roadmap.
1. Recent and strong programming skills using C/C++ in embedded Linux environment
2. Ability to design, develop and troubleshoot diagnostics that runs under the Linux OS.
3. Capable of generating automation scripts for customizing diagnostics in Python and Bash
4. Experience with x86 CPU architectures would be an asset
5. Proficiency with Linux development tools such as gcc, binutils, GDB, Make.
6. Proficient at debugging system hardware problems based on good understanding of key components, such as CPUs, PCIe, DDR Memory, Ethernet Switches and SDD/HDD.
7. Capability of creating a detailed specification with minimal supervision.
8. Understanding the goals of cross functional teams as it relates to requirements for diagnostics.
9. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
10. Independent and motivated self starter, who can work in a fast paced environment as a productive team member.
11. Experience using Source Code Control systems such as Perforce, CVS etc.
12. Experience with Linux kernel builds and configuration.
Education and Experience:
1. BSEE, BSCS or equivalent. MS preferred.
2. 8-10 years experience as a software/Diagnostic developer with minimum 3 years experience directly related to systems diagnostics development for X86 based server products.
3. Experience with design and modification of drivers is desirable.
4. Experience with PCI Express, SAS, 25G/40G/100 Ethernet, Crypto co-processors card testing is plus. Example: NIC, SSL cards.
5. Experience working for a US based hi-tech OEM is highly desirable.
6. Developing metrics to measure effectiveness of the diagnostics investment is desirable.
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal? Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability.