Sr. Strategist, Momentum
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY .Tracking Code
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE THIS JOB
You believe in the power of huge ideas inspired by incredible insights and you want to uncover those insights to create movements that go beyond the 30-second ad. And that s the job every day.
You think working closely with brands that are often called the best marketers on earth sounds like a fun way to spend your day. Some brands are really rational; your client is highly attuned to the human heart. You re someone who understands the human condition and is empathetic to it. From that empathy you ll create strategies that are fresh and surprising subversive even running away from even the hint of something trite. In fact experimentation isn t a plus for this brand; it s a mandate. You think being fundamental to the creative process and being the centerpiece that the work revolves around is a good place to be. Making a difference in brands for their audiences gets you out of bed in the morning.
We believe that what a brand does is more important than what it says we want you to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things, creating experiences that people never forget.
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because the idea that a brand s action is more important than its rhetoric is the key to our entire approach. It is all about the experience and we can hands down, bar-none create that better than anyone else. That s not jargon or ego it s truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, it s important you know we re serious about taking care of each other here. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more. Think on all that.
We are Momentum Worldwide.
Let s get it on.
/ HERE S WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR
* You like people. Enough to check them out, and then dig under the hood. And you know when to check under the hood twice. You have enough EQ to go around.
* You re relentless about coming up with new ideas, new angles and new ways of defining the role of strategy you put your pen to paper daily, in a way that ensures briefs inspire elegantly. And you can do a damn good manifesto too.
* You re curious to the point where you might even say you over-analyze. Your research and analytic skills are at the top of the game. You uncover what isn t readily apparent and turn it into mind-blowing concepts the world needs.
* You re fast enough to keep up with us and we re moving at light speed.
* You play well with others, of all kinds. And others get you and want to hear more about what you re saying.
* You are the master of any business pitch because when you tell the story behind the insight even the most skeptical partner wants to throw down with you. It doesn t matter if it s in front of a room filled with peers, bosses, or clients your tales change the game.
* You make things happen that wouldn t have happened without you there, and you attract a following along the way. People enjoy working with you and for you. You re someone they d even hang out with if they weren t getting paid to.
/ QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
* 5+ years related experience
* Bachelor s degree preferred- but first and foremost we seek a smart, culturally-attuned individual with boundless curiosity for human behavior
* Can translate cultural trends and consumer insights into ideas to support the creative process
* Agency exposure is a must (either on client or agency side)
* Advanced knowledge of research skills and how to apply research to building memorable programs
* Ability to lead internal and external stakeholders through processes and thinking
* Ability to navigate and sort through ambiguous situations
* Experience working with creative teams and clients
* Strong understanding of the retail space/environment and how people behave on their path to purchase
Momentum Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual preference, national origin, religion, marital status, type of military discharge, or other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws.
Chicago, Illinois, United States