Sr. Strategist, Momentum
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTION.Tracking Code
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE THIS JOB
You believe in the power of huge ideas inspired by thoughtful insights.
You enjoy uncovering insights to create movements that inspire shoppers.
You think it is incredibly exciting to be at the center the creative process.
You look forward to working with a team and being an advocate for world-class brands.
And that s the job every day. This is an opportunity to shape how a well-known CPG company does shopper strategy!
We believe that what a brand does is more important than what it says we want you to help brands do amazing, unprecedented, wild things, creating experiences that people never forget.
/ WHY YOU LL LOVE DOING IT AT MOMENTUM
Because our entire approach is centered around a simple yet powerful mantra: it s not what brands say. It s what they do that matters.
For us, it is all about the experience and we can hands down, bar-none create that better than anyone else. That s not jargon or ego it s truth. Experience creates the connections that lead to loyalty, advocacy and sales. So we imagine and create those things here, in what we call the total brand experience. And how we do it is with genius, dedication, strategic thinking and working together as one fearless, handsome troop. Before you get any ideas, it s important you know we re serious about taking care of each other here. We work too closely not to have fun together. We work too smart not to make the world better. And we work too well not to continually push for more.
We are Momentum Worldwide.
/ HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO
This position is responsible for developing integrated, compelling shopper strategies for a key CPG client across top national and regional retailers. We are looking for a creative storytelling strategist who loves writing and who knows how to inspire a creative team.
* Lead and support strategy development of key shopper marketing initiatives
* Develop thought-provoking creative strategies, harnessing data and insights in a way that inspires creative.
* Partner with Business Leadership and Creative teams to ensure strategy is properly reflected across all marketing initiatives
* Contribute thought leadership to enrich shopper knowledge base.
* Manage all research needs related to strategy and creative development, working closely with internal teams and external resources to identify and bridge knowledge gaps.
* Interpret qualitative and quantitative information into actionable insights.
* Deliver inspiring strategy briefs to the creative team, deeply rooted in shopper insights
* Influence internal and external stakeholders through effective, insights-based storytelling.
* Build trust-based relationships with clients.
* Actively participate in new business development, including preparation and delivery of pitches and the transition of new business wins to teams.
* Contribute to building a team environment that facilitates: mutual respect and partnership across functions; strategic thinking; appropriate risk taking; open lines of communication between team members, on-going performance feedback, professional development, and adherence to agency policy.
/ HERE S WHAT WE RE LOOKING FOR
* You re relentless about coming up with new ideas, new angles and new ways of defining the role of strategy you put pen to paper daily, in a way that ensures briefs inspire elegantly. And you can do a damn good manifesto too.
* You re curious to the point where you might even say you over-analyze.
* You re fast enough to keep up with us and we re moving at light speed.
* You play well with others, of all kinds. And others get you and want to hear more about what you re saying.
* You are a creative story telling strategist and storytelling master; when you tell the story behind the insight even the most skeptical partner buys in. It doesn t matter if it s in front of a room filled with peers, bosses or clients, your tales change the game.
* You make things happen that wouldn t have happened without you there, and you attract a following along the way. People enjoy working with you and for you. You re someone they d even hang out with if they weren t getting paid to.
/ QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
* 5+ years related strategy development experience within a marketing agency or large CPG company. CPG experience direct or through agency preferred.
* Bachelor s degree preferred - but first and foremost we seek a smart, culturally-attuned individual with boundless curiosity for human behavior
* Extensive experience writing creative briefs.
* Can translate cultural trends and consumer insights into ideas to support the creative process.
* Agency exposure is a must (either on client or agency side).
* Advanced knowledge of research skills and how to apply research to building memorable programs.
* Ability to lead internal and external stakeholders through processes and thinking.
* Ability to navigate and sort through ambiguous situations.
* Experience working with creative teams and clients.
* Strong understanding of the retail space/environment and how people behave on their path to purchase.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Experience with interpreting analytical or sales data.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Polished and persuasive presenter.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
New York, New York, United States