Sr. Supervisor, Engagment 9/15/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Supervisor of Engagement is a supervisory position within MXM that partners with leadership to lead day-to-day social marketing activities on behalf of large consumer brands, entertainment companies and public health campaigns.
A Senior Supervisor of Engagement is a solutions-oriented leader charged with managing the day-to-day execution of strategy including content creation, multi-platform publishing, community management and engagement, as well as reporting on behalf of top brands. The ideal candidate should have agency or client-service experience, a strong foundation in social marketing, PR or copywriting, a keen eye for detail, and a solid understanding of content development.
This position is within the Social Engagement team, whose mission is to create and share best-in-class content across all digital platforms that will inspire loyalty, create buzz, drive action and support brand goals. This position is embedded with an internal client: a brand of MXM s parent company, Meredith Corporation.
- Communicate directly with clients on day-to-day deliverables, activations and any other platform-specific support needs
- Partner with MXM leadership to define and implement brand voice and overall content strategy across social platforms and ensure messaging is consistent with client goals and direction
- Oversee the production of best-in-class editorial calendars for written and visual social content that consistently meets high standards of creativity and innovation
- Manage junior team members and their work product as required, including ongoing editorial calendar approvals, content creation coaching and trainings and encouraging agency-wide innovation
- Develop content expertise and innovation as needed and leverages Engagement knowledge and experience to be a recognized Engagement expertStrong writing, editing, time management and reporting skills, as well as mastery of all major platforms
Internal Leadership Opportunities
- Mentor and manage junior resources for growth and greater success in client teams, as well as across practice and departments
- Present thought-leadership to clients and peers within related landscapes to further personal and professional growth
- Lead client-specific and practice-specific educational sessions
- Mentor junior team members in cross-training efforts
- Advocate for data-driven marketing services and best practices within internal peer meetings and new business discussions
Simultaneously, this role will support the vision of MXM and its partner brands by contributing to new business and program development, practice-wide education and support personal professional growth, as well as the growth of team members.
Successful Senior Supervisors at MXM are creative, agile, meticulous, and proactive leaders who possess a hunger to break the Internet with innovative ideas and strategies.
Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
- Social Media Content Management and Reporting
- Ad hoc projects, participating in creative brainstorms, and business development initiatives
- Account management, analytics and reporting
- Team management
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
Bachelors in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
At least 3-4 years experience in social media, marketing, advertising or public relations. Agency experience a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and YouTube as well as a familiarity with all other current and emerging digital platforms (including backend insights)
- Strong copyediting and writing skills with ability to transition seamlessly between voice and style
- Ability to oversee high-quality content rapidly and responsively while multi-tasking several priorities simultaneously
- Basic Photoshop skills