Sr. Supply Base Manager - 8091
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Supply Base Manager to join our exciting, fast growing company. The Supply Base Manager will work closely with Engineering and other internal cross-functional teams on implementing strategies, contracts and pricing with an overall focus on fostering long-term supplier partnerships. The Supply Base Manager will lead and support the development, implementation and management of commodity strategies to provide Operations & Engineering with quality and best in class pricing & delivery. This position reports to the Director of Supply Base Management and is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
* Collaborate with H/W Engineering & cross-functional teams on establishing technology roadmaps & sourcing strategies for NPI.
* Manage relationship with suppliers to ensure continuity of supply, flexibility, quality and supplier delivery performance.
* Support technical operations and quality management with field quality and customer satisfaction issues.
* Collaborate with suppliers, distributors and EMS provider to establish and maintain continuity of supply.
* Drive component commonality and design for manufacturability and supply chain.
Cost Reduction Strategies
* Lead periodical cost negotiations with a focus on achieving & exceeding cost reduction targets.
* Partner with Engineering and NPI teams on driving cost avoidance, resulting in achievement of improved product margin and increased ROI.
* Conduct market research to track industry cost trends; leverage benchmarking tools to ensure best in class cost is achieved.
* Establish and maintain cross-functional relationships with NPI Supply Chain and HW Engineering team to develop commodity roadmaps.
* Negotiate & maintain master purchase agreements (MSA), service level agreements (SLA) and SMI/VMI agreements with suppliers.
* Meet and exceed quality, delivery and inventory performance to ensure KPI metrics goals are achieved.
* Lead supplier performance business reviews (SBR), including performance improvement plans.
* Lead complex projects, implement rapid solutions and work successfully cross-functional to exceed corporate objectives.
* Establish strategic process to management end-of-life products ensuring minimal liability to the company.
* Implement flexibility programs and drive lead-time reduction programs to improve material upside availability.
* Utilize commodity management best practices to develop and execute supply chain risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
* Identify risk vulnerabilities; develop sourcing plans and strategies to secure continuity of supply while eliminating stock outs .
* Manage component life cycle, multi-sourcing and BOM reuse.
* Minimum 7 years of experience in Memory, Storage, and IC with prior exposure to commodity & industry leaders.
* Excellent cost negotiator with the ability to leverage trade-offs .
* Flexibility to work and achieve goals in a fast-paced, start up environment with an ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
* Strong contract and supply chain agreement negotiator.
* Willingness to travel once or twice per year.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.